I went from stock 2.1 to stock 2.2.. then back to 2.1.
In the droid x hacking guide theres the following..Where is this bootstrapper.apk file?Step C: Installing A Rooted 2.2 Froyo ROM.
- Since you are rooted, you can now proceed with preparing for installing 2.2. You will need to go to the market and download "Astro File Manager".
- Connect your USB on your DX and set to "USB MASS STORAGE". Once done, copy the "Bootstrapper.apk" to a directory on your SD card.
- While you still have the USB mounted, copy the rooted 2.2 Froyo ROM to the SD card's root. And make sure it's named "update.zip". Then unmount the USB connection.
- Go to settings > applications and make sure "UNKNOWN SOURCES" is checked.
- Open Astro File manager and locate the Bootstrapper.apk. Open and install the app.
- Once installed, it should be in your App menu. Open the app and select "Bootstrap Recovery". Then select "Reboot Recovery".
- While in recovery, navigate to install zip from sdcard. Install update.zip.
- Once completed, you should now have Froyo 2.2 with root.
I read some where that a few people have renamed the superuser files and then downloaded and installed the ota 2.2 update. Then they kept the root super user access.
...soo... ??????? huh??? how do i get the 2.2 with root?