A LOT OF TEXT BUT HONESTLY IT IS VERY EASY
SCREENSHOTS OF MY PHONE AT BOTTOM.....ENJOY!
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP USING BOOTSTRAP RECOVERY IN CASE!!!!!
ROOT NEEDED FOR THIS OBVIOUSLY
Thanks and credit goes to these guys I just wrote this up and tested.
What you need to download on your phone:
1. Android Terminal Emulator from jack palevich (free market)
2. Root explorer from speed software (paid but worth it market)
What you need on your computer:
1. HxD hex editor application (google it)
2. 7zip application (google it)
Here is the guide:
1. Go into root explorer navigate to system/framework
2. Hit mount r/w on top then hold and copy framework-res.apk
3. Paste framework-res.apk on root of sdcard
4. Mount the phone to your pc AND move framework-res.apk to desktop
5. Right click framework-res.apk on desktop hit 7zip then hit open archive
6. Navigate to res/xml/ find eri.xml and drag it to your desktop
KEEP ARCHIVE OPEN YOU WILL BE BACK
7. Right click eri.xml on desktop open with HxD
8. Now look to the right side of the screen and find "Verizon Wireless"
9. Highlight the whole word "Verizon wireless"
10. While highlighted type your new name..16 LETTERS MAX
(if any "Verizon wireless" is left just keep hitting space bar after new name)
11. Now save your new eri.xml and drag it back into archive
12. Close the archive
13. Put framework-res.apk back on root of sdcard
14. Now on your phone open Android Terminal Emulator on phone and type
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
15. Your done.
I did not even get a chance to type reboot it just did...so don't freak out lol