DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 2.2 with Rom Manager

  1. Droid
    smokinfish's Avatar
    Member #
    5342
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    2.2 with Rom Manager

    I used rom manager to flash 2.2 very easy to use and I was able to backup my 2.1 in the process.

    If this had been posted already feel free to remove.

    D
  2. Junior Droid
    northernmoris's Avatar
    Member #
    96616
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    DX
    #2
    I updated the same way.. I was surprised at how easy it was and wondered why more people don't go that route.. As far as backing up 2.1, how do you restore? .sbf and then restore after.. I found out the hard way you can't restore while 2.2 is there..
  3. Droid
    suzook's Avatar
    Member #
    43957
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    moto droid
    #3
    ????????? WHen did rom manager become available to droid x???? Are you on the wrong forum? Or did I miss something?
  4. Master Droid
    avt123's Avatar
    Member #
    32467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    #4
    lol yea...the bootstrap app still says that it will be on ROM manager soon, unless he just didn't update the description?
  5. Junior Droid
    xMercury's Avatar
    Member #
    101577
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    ????????? WHen did rom manager become available to droid x???? Are you on the wrong forum? Or did I miss something?
    Yesterday I believe there was an update. Or maybe even Friday. You need to have Droid X Bootstrap installed as well for it to work.

    ROM Manager does support Droid X now.
  6. Droid
    suzook's Avatar
    Member #
    43957
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    moto droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xMercury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    ????????? WHen did rom manager become available to droid x???? Are you on the wrong forum? Or did I miss something?
    Yesterday I believe there was an update. Or maybe even Friday. You need to have Droid X Bootstrap installed as well for it to work.

    ROM Manager does support Droid X now.
    WOW...i already am on 2.2....does the bootsrap work on that also?
  7. Junior Droid
    xMercury's Avatar
    Member #
    101577
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Yes it does. Just have ROM Manager and the Bootstrap app installed and you can use ROM Manager to backup and restore nandroids and upgrade to 2.2 with it for those who haven't. I don't think you can install any other ROMs just yet though. For now it's just 2.2.
  8. Droid
    suzook's Avatar
    Member #
    43957
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    moto droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xMercury View Post
    Yes it does. Just have ROM Manager and the Bootstrap app installed and you can use ROM Manager to backup and restore nandroids and upgrade to 2.2 with it for those who haven't. I don't think you can install any other ROMs just yet though. For now it's just 2.2.
    I am already on 2.2....curious if bootstrapper can be installed? Dont wanna screw the phone. Thanks
  9. Junior Droid
    xMercury's Avatar
    Member #
    101577
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    28
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xMercury View Post
    Yes it does. Just have ROM Manager and the Bootstrap app installed and you can use ROM Manager to backup and restore nandroids and upgrade to 2.2 with it for those who haven't. I don't think you can install any other ROMs just yet though. For now it's just 2.2.
    I am already on 2.2....curious if bootstrapper can be installed? Dont wanna screw the phone. Thanks
    Yeah go for it. I'm on 2.2 as well and have it installed.
  10. Droid
    suzook's Avatar
    Member #
    43957
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    62
    Phone
    moto droid
    #10
    Thanks...worked great!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Astro File Manager vs Linda File Manager
    By hookbill in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:00 PM
  2. Rom Manager
    By jgmarz in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 08:02 AM
  3. Task Manager ALWAYS opens the Task Manager?
    By OhioSpyderman in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 10:14 AM
  4. Rom Manager???
    By yankees2009 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 04:15 PM

Search tags for this page

droid x safely use rom manager
,
how to i use rom manager
,

how to use rom manager

,
how to use rom manager droid 2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+