So there is absolutely no other way to get rid of it besides reflashing the SBF? This sucks.
Using root explorer
Ok. Navigate to the system /bin folder. You will see three files that you need to mess with
(whatever date you installed it) size
Delete this file completely.
then find this.....
(whatever date you installed it) rwxrwxrwx -> hijack
( so remove the permission,any one,from this file or you can rename it to something else or move it somewhere else. Just so the system doesnt touch this file.)(dont go back to messing with it)
then find this file.
19 aug blah blah rwxr-xr-x (remove the .bin from this file)(and i added the permissions to be similiar to the before mentioned logwrapper file.)
then leave out of root explorer.
reboot your phone into stock recovery and apply update.zip which you should already have on your phone's sdcard.
guys here is a link to everything you need read the page the download for the sbf is there also read the unbricking procedure download the RDS in that post there is a patch in there as well you need to read the directions very closely and put that file where it belongs or the flash will not work i missed this step.
My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery
UPDATE FROM A ROOTED PHONE (running 2.1):
If you have Koush's recovery installed, follow these steps BEFORE attempting to update to 2.2:
1. UNINSTALL the Recovery APK in Settings, Applications
3. Run "adb shell"
4. Run "su"
5. Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
6. Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
IF YOU SKIP OR OTHERWISE DO STEP 4 INCORRECTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY. PAY ATTENTION TO IT AND STEP 5 TO CONFIRM.
1. Run "adb shell" (you need adb setup and working from a command prompt. If you don't have that, see the ADB support link in Part A)
2. If you don't see "#", run "su" (you will see it if you've installed and run Koush's recovery bootstrapper)
3. Run "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system"
4. Run "cp /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su"
5. Run "ls /system/xbin/su" and make sure the results are `/system/xbin/su` and NOT `/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory`. If you see the later, repeat the previous step.
6. Copy the update.zip to your sdcard (see below for mirrors as they become available. update.zip released to the wild by P3Droid at MyDroidWorld)
7. Reboot into recovery (power down then hold down home, hold down power until you see moto logo, release power (still holding home). Once you see the triangle with ! in it, release home then press search)
8. Run update.zip
Success! Using Terminal emulator, I followed the same steps as posted above to remove Koush's Bootstrap Recovery and installed the Froyo leak.
Galaxy S4 - Stock (For now)
Does anybody have the original build.prop for the 2.1 DX... Its not going through because I f-ed around with it. If anyones willing to upload and share a link to that, it'd be greatly appreciated