Birdman tweeted that FroYo will be rootable with the exploid method with just a few tweaks added.
Will it update automatically to 2.2 if it is rooted or do you have to update manually at that point?
I'm new to all this and haven't tried to root my phone yet but may want to in the future as I learn more about the advantages of doing so.
I'm still at 2.1.
i had 2.2 then downgraded back to 2.1, reason being i lost my root even when i moved superuser to xbin. wow that was a mission, damn near took all day! but im back to 2.1 rooted. cant wait for a rooted 2.2 image! this would make things so much easier
DX running launcher pro beta
My method to go back to 2.1:
1. With the phone being turned off, start the phone in recovery (hold home button and power on the phone, then hit the search button once you see exclamation).
2. Wipe data/system reset and then wipe cache
3. Turn off the phone and now put it in bootloader mode (hold camera and volume down button while powering up)
4. While in bootloader mode, connect the phone to your computer by usb.
5. Run RSD lite and select the sbf file (will need to get rsd lite and the sbf if you don't have it)
6. Make sure the phone shows as connected in RSD lite and begin the flashing process.
7. Once the process completes and your phone reboots you should be back to 2.1 (you will have to re-root if desired)