DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: tried to root phone battery died during process

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

tried to root phone battery died during process

Yes I was trying to root my phone and my battery died phone went dead and I thought I bricked my phone. all I was getting at that time was a green led light. when plugged into the computer so I grabbed my usb power plug in and I got a battery that said 0% but would turn on. waited till hit 25% then it turned on ok I lucked out.my slide to unlock feature was gone fixed that in the settings.

Anyways the phone still works and I really don't want to root at this time I wait till froyo. but since i was installing root with droidxroot.exe while the battery died. could there be any tracks left behind even though I am not rooted. or should I root and then unroot to clear all the tracks?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I don't understand how the battery could die while it was connected to a computer...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by omnicious View Post
    I don't understand how the battery could die while it was connected to a computer...
    neither do I all I know that when I had it plugged in the computer doing the root process the phone shut off gave me a green led light when it was plugged in to the computer. took it out plugged it in the power jack it gave me no green light a battery symbal on the screen that said 0% and started to charge.

anyway my coworked said it did the same thing to him when he plugged it his computer and woke up his battery was dead to. anyways I got enough courage last night and got the phone rooted. made sure I had a fully charged battery this time.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrimm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by omnicious View Post
    neither do I all I know that when I had it plugged in the computer doing the root process the phone shut off gave me a green led light when it was plugged in to the computer. took it out plugged it in the power jack it gave me no green light a battery symbal on the screen that said 0% and started to charge.

anyway my coworked said it did the same thing to him when he plugged it his computer and woke up his battery was dead to. anyways I got enough courage last night and got the phone rooted. made sure I had a fully charged battery this time.
    Very weird. Glad it's all better! It's been stated as a general rule of thumb to have at least 40% charge when doing things like this, but I as well only mod on a full charge. Enjoy root!

Links