DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pre-installed applications

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible

Pre-installed applications

Just wondering like other droids if there is a way to remove the pre installed applications?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist0fate View Post
    Just wondering like other droids if there is a way to remove the pre installed applications?
    If you can't delete them from your applications menu, then you are stuck with them until someone figures out how to root the X.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    go go! i really don't want blockbuster or any of this crap.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    mike91908
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i never really did understand the need for people to remove system apps... i mean i completely understand its all personal preference... but its not like the X is hurting for memory... and you really can't stand looking at it in the app drawer that much?

again i understand personal preference just as much as the next... but lets get this bootloader cracked before we start worrying about removing system apps

oh to answer your question, +1 to hook!
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
    Stonedroid theme by mike919
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Ok thank you
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mike919 View Post
    i never really did understand the need for people to remove system apps... i mean i completely understand its all personal preference... but its not like the X is hurting for memory... and you really can't stand looking at it in the app drawer that much?

again i understand personal preference just as much as the next... but lets get this bootloader cracked before we start worrying about removing system apps

I for one can't wait for root to be obtained so I can get rid of the pre-loaded apps...it's not because the phone doesn't have enough memory to run them in the background, it's because it's not necessary to use memory and battery for an app I don't want on my phone.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

there are way to many apps running at once.

ok Just counted. There was 42 apps running with 10 of them being widgets. that bogged it down to 60.88MB free.

I closed all this stupid stuff from MOTO, and got up to 190+MB free.

There is MOTO MEGAMAID. WTF IS THAT!!??!!
    Last edited by hookbill; 07-17-2010 at 06:08 AM.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggestmexi View Post

there are way to many apps running at once.

ok Just counted. There was 42 apps running with 10 of them being widgets. that bogged it down to 60.88MB free.

I closed all this stupid stuff from MOTO, and got up to 190+MB free.

There is MOTO MEGAMAID. WTF IS THAT!!??!!
    What it is is you are worried about apps running in the background and you don't need to be. And please watch your language, even if the censor catches it we all know what you're saying. Try to find other adjectives please. Keep it family friendly.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

What it is is you are worried about apps running in the background and you don't need to be. And please watch your language, even if the censor catches it we all know what you're saying. Try to find other adjectives please. Keep it family friendly.
    There is apps that are running that just dont need to be running. having over 100MB being used is obviously using more battery on the phone than need be. When I open Task Panel on the droid there is half the amount of services running at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd
    totally agree with Hook. Only a spoiled (and foul-mouthed) brat would disrespect the time and effort that went into coding and debugging the apps that moto an vzn have created to optimize your smartphone experience. It's not like you actually own your system memory.
    You have some nerve, pal. Ungrateful punks like you should consider moving to North Korea. Or Yemen, where they only have iPhones, and the AIDS, too.
    In addition, your filthy language just ruined our family's Saturday morning tradition of browsing the Droid forums together after church.
    Hope you are happy now.
    I am pretty sure i do own the phone now. Well until the pay to lease runs out.

Motorola has done nothing to "optimize" this phone over the regular phone. It should have been a regular Google Experience phone to begin with. Not crippled by Motorola thoughts of what people want.

I cant wait until there is a start up-memory manager for the phone.

It will make it soooo much snappier with out all these useless motorola things running.

Sometimes it does lag. It is due to all these memory zapping apps.

Oh, i am ecstatic now btw
    Last edited by biggestmexi; 07-17-2010 at 07:08 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    I agree, its just personal preference but i just want to clear out the application that i dont use. I know there is plenty of space for almost anything but its still the personalization feeling i am looking for.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links