Did you find the wugpacked download?
How to get WiFi tether working:
1. Download and install this:
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
2. Open Settings and change Device-Profile to Motorola Droid X (CDMA)
3. Set up an encrypted network
4. Make sure DNS servers are set to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 (or something that's not VZW's DNS servers)
5. Install the TBH patch and reboot
Should do it. The one thing I didn't see in this thread was #2, and that does make a difference. Good luck.
Ahhh yes. The cdma. Didn't think about letting others in on that one. I've been using this Tether app for a while now as it was the only one that would tether properly to my Xoom.