DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I being paranoid?!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X

Am I being paranoid?!

Ok I've messed with my phone a bit.. Flashin roms, Superchargin, random UI tweaks etc...
    Only arena yet to venture into is OC'ing... I think my phone is lighting fast as it is, yet I crave more. Next jump is ze overclock. (say that in german speak)
    For some reason I can't wrap my head around spending 2 bucks on an oc app that could potentially ruin an expensive phone. Yet the urge is there.
    Is there a guideline for safely oc'ing my dx somewhere I could follow that would alleviate some of my fears? Like basic starting values and known limits? I'm sure as we all know it seems every phone is different. Hence, my fears.
    Thanks y'all
    Edit: Supercharged, Chainfired, Cyanogenated
    Last edited by Blacksantron; 07-01-2011 at 11:34 PM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rooted Liquid Smooth RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksantron View Post
    Ok I've messed with my phone a bit.. Flashin roms, Superchargin, random UI tweaks etc...
    Only arena yet to venture into is OC'ing... I think my phone is lighting fast as it is, yet I crave more. Next jump is ze overclock. (say that in german speak)
    For some reason I can't wrap my head around spending 2 bucks on an oc app that could potentially ruin an expensive phone. Yet the urge is there.
    Is there a guideline for safely oc'ing my dx somewhere I could follow that would alleviate some of my fears? Like basic starting values and known limits? I'm sure as we all know it seems every phone is different. Hence, my fears.
    Thanks y'all
    I have a DX and Im @ 1.2ghz OC and supercharged using rubix focused 2.0. My DX is lighting fast bcuz I need it to keep up with me cuz I work fast with my hands. But even if an OC messes ur DX up do a factory reset or do an sbf. U have to gamble on what ur phone can handle. U have to test the waters. If u choose to OC use jrummys overclock. awesome app. Well worth $2.

RubiX Focused DX
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by xXGH05TXx View Post
    Thanks y'all
    I have a DX and Im @ 1.2ghz OC and supercharged using rubix focused 2.0. My DX is lighting fast bcuz I need it to keep up with me cuz I work fast with my hands. But even if an OC messes ur DX up do a factory reset or do an sbf. U have to gamble on what ur phone can handle. U have to test the waters. If u choose to OC use jrummys overclock. awesome app. Well worth $2.

RubiX Focused DX
    Thanks for the bit of encouragement. Rubix? I'm using the v6 supercharge. Another topic? Never heard of that one.

Sent From My Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rooted Liquid Smooth RAZR MAXX
    Thanks y'all

RubiX Focused DX
    Thanks for the bit of encouragement. Rubix? I'm using the v6 supercharge. Another topic? Never heard of that one.

RubiX Focused is a rom. A really fast rom that makes the DX have really good amount of free memory. I average about 191mb of free ram. Not a lot of bells and whistles like liberty, but the speed makes up for it.

RubiX Focused DX
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X

RubiX Focused DX

RubiX Focused is a rom. A really fast rom that makes the DX have really good amount of free memory. I average about 191mb of free ram. Not a lot of bells and whistles like liberty, but the speed makes up for it.

RubiX Focused DX
    Ahhhh ok. I'm gunna stick with cm and v6. Thanks for the info

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Verizon Note II
    Over clocking isn't going to ruin your phone. The worst that will happen is it won't like a certain setting and lag, a lot.
    In which case you pick another setting. Mine refuses to behave above 1.3.
    I have it set to delay the settings at boot to make sure it comes up correctly and I can change it if necessary.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Do it.... do it! You want the app quickclock advanced. Check your pm box. I'm sending you a gift

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0
    Ldopa
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Can I get your free gift also man? Hehe

sent from my ApeX
    -Brad
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    You know I always got you brother.

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0
    Last edited by ldopa; 07-02-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    Ldopa
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There's no real risk with overclocking. If your phone can't handle it, it will constantly crash, boot loop, get stuck before loading, or run very slowly. It should happen right away and you'll know it. Then just go flash a different kernel or underclock.

Brandon
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links