DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need some helppp :[

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    driod x

Need some helppp :[

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this and I need a bit of help. I was hoping someone could point me to, or help me out with the updating process. I'm currently running Liberty 2.0 and I need a complete walkthrough on what to do to get GB. Any help is appreciated. If there's already a thread on this I will delete this.
    Thanks a ton.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X rooted .596
    If you have the Liberty Toolbox I believe you can go in there and it will upgrade you, but I could be mistaken (I haven't used the paid Toolbox and GB nightlies).

If you want the 'stock' rooted OTA Gingerbread update you will need to SBF back to Froyo and then install the TeamBlackHat rooted .596

If you need to SBF, follow this guide: [HOW TO] Fix a Completely Bricked Droid X Step-by-Step Guide

For the rooted OTA .596 GingerBread, see this post: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...-everyone.html
    Droid X rooted .602. Overclocked to 1.15ghz at 60 volts. Can run 1.4ghz stable.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    driod x
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathon1289 View Post
    If you have the Liberty Toolbox I believe you can go in there and it will upgrade you, but I could be mistaken (I haven't used the paid Toolbox and GB nightlies).

If you want the 'stock' rooted OTA Gingerbread update you will need to SBF back to Froyo and then install the TeamBlackHat rooted .596

If you need to SBF, follow this guide: [HOW TO] Fix a Completely Bricked Droid X Step-by-Step Guide

For the rooted OTA .596 GingerBread, see this post: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...-everyone.html
    Thanks a ton.
    I've read up on all this but I'm still not all that confident in what I'm doing. I was hoping for a complete walk through of everything, from A-Z. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. zoe
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    the current gb versions of liberty are based on gb .596, once you're on that just grab the donate toolbox and it's just one flash in clockwork to get to liberty v.08

edit: the previous post is correct regarding the gb part, but you cannot upgrade liberty 2.0 on froyo to a gb version through the toolbox

[insert_here]
    Last edited by zoe; 06-17-2011 at 02:33 AM.
    :insert::random::link::quote::etc::here:
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X rooted .596
    What GingerBread are you wanting to run? Do you want stock, or a custom build like Liberty still? Also, CyanogenMod is now available for the Droid X if you are interested in it. Depending on which route you want to go will vary how you get there a bit.

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation and my girlfriend refused to let me use my phone on the beach. :/
    Droid X rooted .602. Overclocked to 1.15ghz at 60 volts. Can run 1.4ghz stable.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    shunyata31
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I'm free at the moment if you need a talk through. I'll pm you with my number. Call me and I'll get you sorted

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8
    Ldopa

Links