HOW TO: Disable hardware keys LEDs on Gingerbread (2.3.595)
I noticed a glitch in this GB Leak. That if you put the Droid X into a dock and enable the desk clock app and press the dim button the screen should dim and the leds should go off. This does not happen. I have a fix. You do NOT need root.
This may be a not found glitch or a function. But it works. If you use a Desk clock app or a Night Clock app then you WANT the LEDs off.
1. First turn the display brightness from auto to manual.
2. Power off the phone completely.
3. Put the phone into the multimedia dock WHILE OFF.
4. Power the phone up normally (using power button) once battery charging screen appears or if bootstrap/clockwork recovery launches.
5. When phone powers on. This is VERY important.
DO NOT LET the display go dark (touch the display OR BEFORE starting DISABLE the backlight timer to Nevertime out). DO NOT change the screen brightness setting or enable auto brightness. Doing so will REACTIVATE the LEDS. You would need redo steps 1-4.
6. When the setting for the dock to open appears (if not use notification bar to click on the Dock tab ) choose the app of your choice and set as default if so desired. (you can use the DIM option in the stock desk clock app or similar setting in other night clock apps. This will NOT enable the LEDs.)
You are done if all is correctly followed LEDS will remain off until the display is turned off or brightness settings are changed.