DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port

  1. Master Droid
    ArmyDude's Avatar
    Member #
    109312
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4GLTE
    #1

    2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port

    I'm trying to port the 928Droid Black Glass X theme to the new OTA 2.3.340 update. I deodexed the phone and have a bit of the files done.

    Framework-res.apk
    Services.jar
    Settings.apk
    BlurHome.apk
    BlurPhone.apk
    Calculator.apk
    CarDock.apk
    DownloadProvider.apk
    LatinIME.apk
    Music.apk
    PhotoWidget.apk
    Settings.apk
    ToggleWidgets.apk

    Here's my dilemna. I've done some research on trying to get the background of the drop down notification bar transparent without any luck. The PNG file is mostly transparent, but when I do the drop down, it's completly black with the exception of the Droid logo and text. It's the image created by 928Droid... but with a black background.

    Any ideas?

    Before anyone asks.... I'm not publishing this "Theme". This is 928Droid's theme that I'm porting to the update for my own use. If 928Droid want's me to send it to him.... that's up to him. He's busy enough.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted. CM10.1 - 4.2.1

    Traded in- Droid Bionic 4GLTE 2.3.4.
    Rooted.... DeOdexed.

    BIONIC Auto-DeOdexer 2.3.4. 5.5.1_84_DBN-55
    BIONIC Black Glass Keyboard
    Bionic Auto_DeOdexer for .901

    UPGRADED.testing phone now....Droid X 2.3.3 / 4.5.596 OTA
    Rooted / Deodexed / (still working on) Ported 928Droid's BGX Theme
  2. Droid Ninja
    chkmate's Avatar
    Member #
    117958
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    2,242
    Phone
    Droid X
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDude View Post
    I'm trying to port the 928Droid Black Glass X theme to the new OTA 2.3.340 update. I deodexed the phone and have a bit of the files done.

    Framework-res.apk
    Services.jar
    Settings.apk
    BlurHome.apk
    BlurPhone.apk
    Calculator.apk
    CarDock.apk
    DownloadProvider.apk
    LatinIME.apk
    Music.apk
    PhotoWidget.apk
    Settings.apk
    ToggleWidgets.apk

    Here's my dilemna. I've done some research on trying to get the background of the drop down notification bar transparent without any luck. The PNG file is mostly transparent, but when I do the drop down, it's completly black with the exception of the Droid logo and text. It's the image created by 928Droid... but with a black background.

    Any ideas?

    Before anyone asks.... I'm not publishing this "Theme". This is 928Droid's theme that I'm porting to the update for my own use. If 928Droid want's me to send it to him.... that's up to him. He's busy enough.
    Actually, does it look bad solid black? Could be cool like that if the Droid image and lettering is still detailed. Just an idea since I don't have any others
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------


    <<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  3. Master Droid
    ArmyDude's Avatar
    Member #
    109312
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4GLTE
    #3
    I also have blur-res.apk in the framework folder done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-copy-screenshot.png   2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-23340about.png   2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-23340dropdown.png   2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-23340settings.png  
    Last edited by ArmyDude; 12-20-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted. CM10.1 - 4.2.1

    Traded in- Droid Bionic 4GLTE 2.3.4.
    Rooted.... DeOdexed.

    BIONIC Auto-DeOdexer 2.3.4. 5.5.1_84_DBN-55
    BIONIC Black Glass Keyboard
    Bionic Auto_DeOdexer for .901

    UPGRADED.testing phone now....Droid X 2.3.3 / 4.5.596 OTA
    Rooted / Deodexed / (still working on) Ported 928Droid's BGX Theme
  4. Droid Ninja
    chkmate's Avatar
    Member #
    117958
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    2,242
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDude View Post
    I also have blur-res.apk in the framework folder done.
    I'm sorry but I like the solid AD!

    Wished I had a clue how to help you out for a change
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------


    <<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  5. Senior Droid
    zodder's Avatar
    Member #
    61851
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    177
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #5
    Still one of my favorite themes. Thanks, chkmate! I hope 928Droid is doing well.......
  6. Master Droid
    ArmyDude's Avatar
    Member #
    109312
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4GLTE
    #6
    added some more screenshots to my second post.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted. CM10.1 - 4.2.1

    Traded in- Droid Bionic 4GLTE 2.3.4.
    Rooted.... DeOdexed.

    BIONIC Auto-DeOdexer 2.3.4. 5.5.1_84_DBN-55
    BIONIC Black Glass Keyboard
    Bionic Auto_DeOdexer for .901

    UPGRADED.testing phone now....Droid X 2.3.3 / 4.5.596 OTA
    Rooted / Deodexed / (still working on) Ported 928Droid's BGX Theme
  7. Master Droid
    scarmack's Avatar
    Member #
    93393
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sharpsville, PA
    Posts
    261
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    i believe its because your status bar background is black. lets see if i can explain this. attached is something ive been working on for myself.

    first attached is a screen shot of how it looks and second is my background image.

    you should understand from the two images on how you can achieve this look. if not ill try to be more detailed on what i did
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-cap201012201549.jpg   2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-status_bar_background.png  
  8. Droid Ninja
    chkmate's Avatar
    Member #
    117958
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    2,242
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDude View Post
    added some more screenshots to my second post.
    Yup, liking the solid. I know that's not what your going for but still.
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------


    <<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  9. Master Droid
    ArmyDude's Avatar
    Member #
    109312
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4GLTE
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    i believe its because your status bar background is black. lets see if i can explain this. attached is something ive been working on for myself.

    first attached is a screen shot of how it looks and second is my background image.

    you should understand from the two images on how you can achieve this look. if not ill try to be more detailed on what i did

    Thanks for the reply. My thoughts... 928Droid's original Black Glass X worked with the transparency. The images I'm using for everything are the exact ones without modifiation he is using. I would think that if it was related to the images, it should work perfectly. I'm thinking more along the lines of a services.jar or framework-res.apk edit somewhere. I haven't found an XML with any clues yet.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted. CM10.1 - 4.2.1

    Traded in- Droid Bionic 4GLTE 2.3.4.
    Rooted.... DeOdexed.

    BIONIC Auto-DeOdexer 2.3.4. 5.5.1_84_DBN-55
    BIONIC Black Glass Keyboard
    Bionic Auto_DeOdexer for .901

    UPGRADED.testing phone now....Droid X 2.3.3 / 4.5.596 OTA
    Rooted / Deodexed / (still working on) Ported 928Droid's BGX Theme
  10. Master Droid
    ArmyDude's Avatar
    Member #
    109312
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4GLTE
    #10
    Doing these one at a time as I use the functions of the phone and notice the need....

    MessagesWidget.apk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.3.340 Theming - 928Droid Port-928_messageswidget.png  
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted. CM10.1 - 4.2.1

    Traded in- Droid Bionic 4GLTE 2.3.4.
    Rooted.... DeOdexed.

    BIONIC Auto-DeOdexer 2.3.4. 5.5.1_84_DBN-55
    BIONIC Black Glass Keyboard
    Bionic Auto_DeOdexer for .901

    UPGRADED.testing phone now....Droid X 2.3.3 / 4.5.596 OTA
    Rooted / Deodexed / (still working on) Ported 928Droid's BGX Theme
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [Theming] issues theming icons and widgets
    By Squadalah_man in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
  2. theming help
    By nmiltner in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 09:54 AM
  3. Theming Help????
    By ecsnead69 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 07:20 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 03:32 PM
  5. Theming help
    By Diordna in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Search tags for this page

928droid bgx
,
android 2.3.3 apk
,
blurhome.apk 2.3.4
,
blurphone.apk port
,

droid x 2.3.3 themes

,
how download blur-res.apk themes on my phone samsung galaxy
,
latinime.apk cm10.1
,

status bar background

,

status bar background.png

,
status bar background.png ??
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+