DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTA 2.3.340 for Droid X

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @Central_Park928
    Phone
    DROID 4

OTA 2.3.340 for Droid X

....i unrooted and tried one of my rooted apps and it wont work so i'm guesin i unrooted my phone, i even type "SU" in terminal emulater and it says "permission Denied" so another comfirmation that i'm not rooted anymore...

okay, i downloaded the new update (2.3.340) and when i go to installin it. it seems to install it but it gets interrupted and goes into Clockwork recovery...then when i reboot the phone it say "update failed"..

whats happenin?...how can i get this update...without being rooted or have flash SBF's..

any help would be amazing...
    Rooted Droid4 Runnin on ICS(.217)
    -Rocking the CM9 7/25 nightly

..Rooted Attrix2 on Sonya v4
    ..Rooted DroidX on Apex v2.00

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I didn't unroot, but i had a similar problem with the update. If you have any modifications to your build.prop file (intentional or otherwise) like wifi scan time, lcd density, or any number of other changes some tweaks make, then you will get an error when trying to update. I searched a bit and found the stock build.prop file online, placed it in the /system dir where it belongs, and then had no problem updating. Obviously, to mess with /system, you WILL have to be rooted, so i'd re-root your device and give that a shot. Otherwise, as far as I know, you don't have to unroot to update, at least I didn't, but you will have to root again after the update.

Good luck
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by thetomas View Post
    I didn't unroot, but i had a similar problem with the update. If you have any modifications to your build.prop file (intentional or otherwise) like wifi scan time, lcd density, or any number of other changes some tweaks make, then you will get an error when trying to update. I searched a bit and found the stock build.prop file online, placed it in the /system dir where it belongs, and then had no problem updating. Obviously, to mess with /system, you WILL have to be rooted, so i'd re-root your device and give that a shot. Otherwise, as far as I know, you don't have to unroot to update, at least I didn't, but you will have to root again after the update.

Good luck
    I used chkmates boot pic changer. Is that a update killer...? I had the same issue. Fails on update and goes to clockwork.

DROiD X2, OTA 2.3.4 (v.602), Rooted - DeBloated
    "God, Family, Country, Navy"
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @Central_Park928
    Phone
    DROID 4

Good luck
    Since I rooted my phone, I did not heavily modify anything...I just flash one ROM and that's the ROM I have been using ever since...so when I decided to unroot I flash to my bone stock backup...

So u don't know what's up with it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x

Good luck
    Tried this and it still didn't work.....hmm.....I dont know what I did to not make this thing work! grrrrrrrrrrrr
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Boi86 View Post
    ....i unrooted and tried one of my rooted apps and it wont work so i'm guesin i unrooted my phone, i even type "SU" in terminal emulater and it says "permission Denied" so another comfirmation that i'm not rooted anymore...

okay, i downloaded the new update (2.3.340) and when i go to installin it. it seems to install it but it gets interrupted and goes into Clockwork recovery...then when i reboot the phone it say "update failed"..

whats happenin?...how can i get this update...without being rooted or have flash SBF's..

any help would be amazing...
    I'm having the same problem. Im rooted using z4root. using the 928blackglass theme. thats all.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    brian_leuze
    Phone
    Crackflasher on the G Nexus
    I'm having the same problem. I have Super Manager and don't know where to copy the build.prop into to change it. I did nothing more than metamorph a few notification icons and now I can't update to the new software. Any ideas??
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @Central_Park928
    Phone
    DROID 4
    I don't know whats up, but I just updated successfully. But that's after I flashed another backup I had of my stock....
    And this backup was the one I made just after I rooted..like within 5 minutes if rooting...
    But now I gotta re-root my phone now.
    Hope everyone that encountered this hopefully gets it resolved.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by the5barrons View Post

Good luck
    I used chkmates boot pic changer. Is that a update killer...? I had the same issue. Fails on update and goes to clockwork.
    Actually I use a boot logo zip like anyone else would use. I take ones picture, size it, make it into a logo.bin file and merge it with a zip folder.

And I'm guessing since it changes system files in order to boot up a different image, then it could be something the update checks before updating your phone. Therefore it would not allow an update.

When they say you need your phone "back to stock" before an update, that's what they mean. This is why so many people suggest a sbf flash vs. trying to restore and change back everything you've changed on your own.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk
    ---------> Follow me onTwitter@chkm4te20 <---------

<<<<<If you see the right move, take it!!!!>>>>>
    <<<<<
    DaRkSL!De v4.2//L!BeRty v1.5>>>>>
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola DROID X
    i flashed back to my rooted back up.Dont have any apps deleted/renamed etc..stock rom and theme.. Unrooted and tried to install the update. It downloaded. rebooted and when it gets to the main screen after you unlock it it says the update failed. Idk whats going on. tried about half a dozen times on the 3 different back ups i have made.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links