DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: notifications sounds??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

notifications sounds??

Ok, i hope someone can help me with this because i refuse to believe that i am the only person that wants a different tone for his txt and email and other notifications.

When i go to setting, sounds, notification sounds you can only choose 1 alert sounds for all notifications. I would like to have a different tone for say my email. I am aware that in the email setting itself you can set what notification tone you want but it seems that the main one overrides this setting everytime. I would go to setting, sounds, notifications sounds and choose "pixie dust" as the alert sounds. I then go into the setting of my email (both hotmail and gmail) and set the notification sound on "borat message". As soon i go out of the setting page of the email and go back in, its already saying pixie dust again.

Is there a way to make the notifications sounds of the email stick or have mutilple sounds for different notifications. ???

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hello, yes you can but you need to be in each application to set it up. So hit your text message widget and then hit settings and then sound, then open you email and then hit settings and sound. So on and so on. Hope that helps, Tom
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    what you should do is go into the individual setting for the application you want to change the ringtone for. if you go to your email settings there is an option that lets you choose the ringtone you want, this is the same for text messages, your gmail acct, even your I.M. You can also connect your phone to your pc, put it in mass storage mode, create a folder called "notifications" drop some personalized ringtones there and even customize your notifications further. i have done all of this and worked just fine for me. i hope this helps

Links