DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hdmi

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid.

Hdmi

Hello everyone,anyone know of any downloads on the market or third party,that would help unlock the HDMI use like the" real hdmi" software did, but sadly removed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I wish there was. the HDMI output on the droid is really under-achieved.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid.

uploadcity

I've been looking around and found a site that has the "real HDMI" download. "uploadcity" Have you ever heard of them? thay charge a fee (which I don't mind paying) but it's $$ for a year + $$ for them to take away adware + $$ so you can watch cd quality movies $$ so ypu can record cd music, it's fees like this that makes me wonder. anyway do you have a preference, Thank You in advance.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Appbucket is much better site.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Iam also looking for a solution to this. i saw somewhere that birdman placed the read hdmi app inside his ROM image. I'm not sure if that really correct though.

Any alternatives to the real hdmi app? i would like to use my droid to connect to my TV to watch videos online.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yeah, I want this too... one of the nice things that distinguish the X and it is limited.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    Appbucket is much better site.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Is AppBucket even legal ? Are the original devs getting reimbursed for applications sold there ?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Appbucket is largely a collection of pirated apps. They make a good show like they are legit but they dont honor dmca take down notices and are basically stealing money from devs. Version of real hdmi that is up there is a hacked/pirated version.

Sent from my DROIDX
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanApps View Post
    Appbucket is largely a collection of pirated apps. They make a good show like they are legit but they dont honor dmca take down notices and are basically stealing money from devs. Version of real hdmi that is up there is a hacked/pirated version.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thats what happens when something desirable from a consumer is somehow made artificially unavailable. No different GMAN giving DroidX users something verizon/Motorola artificially crippled.

GMAN should re-release it and ignore non-droidx users who installed something that said "Droid X users only".
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by chs200123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanApps View Post

Sent from my DROIDX

Thats what happens when something desirable from a consumer is somehow made artificially unavailable. No different GMAN giving DroidX users something verizon/Motorola artificially crippled.

GMAN should re-release it and ignore non-droidx users who installed something that said "Droid X users only".
    Appbucket had been pirating my app long before I started doing limited distribution of real hdmi.

Motorola appears to be getting ready to release the kernel fixes that should fix the "m" freezes on boot which is the same bug that has been causing display to freeze when hdmi is disabled. When they get the patches released will put app back on the market for good.

Motorola never really crippled anything. The fact is that android 2.x inability to handle dual displays natively and the omap processor inability to drive dual displays at the same time made motorola make a choice in what functionality would work for the largest audience. As most people know the usability of " hdmi on" all the time can be challenging and not always user friendly. The limitations in the hardware and os meant that the platform would never really ever support hdmi like we would all like it to no matter what motorola would have decided to do once omap processor was chosen. Real hdmi is just my attempt to do the best we can with the hardware and os we have.

Sent from my DROIDX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links