DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Repairing ding on Droid X?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Repairing ding on Droid X?

Got my 4th DX from VZW last Friday. Today I noticed there's a very small chip where the lanyard slot is, right on the rounded edge. It's very minor, but ever since noticing it earlier, I notice it every time my finger goes over it.

So my question is - the unit was a refurb, as were the previous 2 they sent me. Has anyone ever had a case where VZW sent them a refurb with slight wear like that? It's so minor that I'd still say the phone is like new, but once I notice a flaw on my phone it sticks with me. Does anyone have an experience with something like this and know if Verizon would send me a new one? Or would they just think I did it?

Then secondly... Since the other DX's were such a pain, I'm reluctant to send this back and get another refurb that has problems after a few days. Has anyone ever had a chip on a DX like this and had any luck repairing it? Or just any ideas on how to fix it? The best thing I can think to do is sand the chip VERY slightly to get rid of some of the "rough" quality of it. But I think that might do more harm than good.

Links