Ok, I have a quick question I'm hoping some others can chime in.
I currently have a Moto Droid A855 and I actually am up for an early upgrade in mid Nov. 2010. I found a DroidX used for approx. $225. I really think I could unload my droid on ebay or craigslist for $100-150 therefore cutting the cost of the X. If I buy the used X I don't have to get locked into another Verizon contract and can sit back and see what phones will be coming out in 2011.
(1) skip the X and do an early upgrade.
(2) just be patient and keep the moto droid and wait it out.
(3) Buy the X, wait it out and sell it once I decide to cash in my early upgrade sometime in 2011?
My main reasoning for the X is the bigger screen and more cpu horsepower!
(The seller of the X changed to another droid, seems legit, clean ESN, etc.)