DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid 1 to Droid x?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Talking Droid 1 to Droid x?

Whats up guys, im currently legible for an upgrade but im not to sure what I want to do. First off if anyone has had the droid 1 and than upgraded to the X, what do you think about it and was it a better upgrade. Also does anyone know if the internet is faster on the X than the droid 1? Because i have been researching and seen some phones that might be coming out around christmas but none of them look like there going to be better than the X. So if anyone has any input feel free, Thanks

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    If you are running the Droid 1 stock, then the X is a huge upgrade (pun intended).

If you are rooted, and overclocked, then it is still worth it, IMO though many here will tell you to wait for the new devices.

I never used the physical KB on the Droid 1, so for me, the X, with it's large 4.3" screen is just great. I actually underclock my X to 800mhz to make the battery go longer, and don't notice any speed trade off compared to my Droid 1 running at 800mhz because the X's OMAP CPU is more efficient.
    a little obsessive...
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    If you are running the Droid 1 stock, then the X is a huge upgrade (pun intended).

If you are rooted, and overclocked, then it is still worth it, IMO though many here will tell you to wait for the new devices.

I never used the physical KB on the Droid 1, so for me, the X, with it's large 4.3" screen is just great. I actually underclock my X to 800mhz to make the battery go longer, and don't notice any speed trade off compared to my Droid 1 running at 800mhz because the X's OMAP CPU is more efficient.
    yeahh tru...im really just waiting for the 4G android phones but those arent expected till the summer they said..so i mite just buy the droid x now than when i see a good 4G android phone out buy that and sell the X
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post

How do u underclock? Lol is it cause you're rooted.

I prefer the dc in every way possible. I had the d1 before. Night and day difference.

P.s. the dx wont support 4g when it comes out?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    How do u underclock? Lol is it cause you're rooted.

I prefer the dc in every way possible. I had the d1 before. Night and day difference.

P.s. the dx wont support 4g when it comes out?
    Yeah, you have to root and use SetCPU.

No, the X won't be 4g capable, it doesn't have the hardware.
    a little obsessive...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    The fascinate is awesome IMO. I've had them all. X. Dinc. And the Droid 1. And I'm most pleased with the Samsung.

Sent from the Fascinate.
    Fascinate
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Honestly i think you should wait because you might be disappointed with the X how about using one of these themes with your Droid 1

Remember you cant do any of this with the Droid X the Droid 1 will always be the Rooted King of Droid ( you can but still its wont be any good themes available for a while )

[THEME PACK] Get your theme on!
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    If you wait for a 4g phone, then you will also have a tiered data plan with a cap. Verizon is getting rid of the unlimited data plan when they switch to 4g.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I went from a Droid 1 to an X. This week! I really really really enjoyed my Droid 1. Might have been because of all the rooting and time I spent making it like I wanted it. I was so excited to get a Droid X.
    But after having it a week now. I am a little bored with it. I know eventually it will get truly rooted. But it just works perfectly. There's really nothing I wanna change. I hate that it has alot of bloatware. But its not like its going to cause me to run out of space. As far as the overclocking and stuff like that. Its damn snappy as it is. Much better than the Droid 1. Battery life is kinda bad on the X. I find myself searching for somewhere to plug it in. Guess thats what happens when you carry around a Mini flat screen.
    I personally really like the Fascinate. If I had my choice, that is probably the route I would go if I had the option. If it seems like I'm complaining, I'm not. Its a great device!

Jeff0r3
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I too have just upgraded to the X. What I like best about it is the fact I do not have to root, ROM switching and stuff to get it to run half decent.
    I have rooted the X and stopped alot of the bloatware and then themed. This thing is a stud!!

The only way 4G would be worth the wait is if you live in the part of the country where they first roll it out. As someone else said, the data plans are probably going to change. They have to pay for 4G somehow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links