DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restore an item from the trash can?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Nope I haven't rooted anything - The "app" that's missing is the viewer/player that came pre-installed. It's a small TV screen that had small buttons below it where you could view either pictures or films that you had shot.
    I have looked across all of my APP's, Widgets (Motorola and Android), and I can't find anything that matches your description. Perhaps this was something that you had installed from the market and no longer have installed now?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    None
    The "app" that's missing is the viewer/player that came pre-installed. It's a small TV screen that had small buttons below it where you could view either pictures or films that you had shot. . .
    Are you talking about the Gallery app? You can get to it from inside the camera app by touching the screen while in camera mode. When the controls appear there is what looks a bit like a stack of pictures in the lower left of the screen (landscape mode). Or you can just go to your app drawer and choose it directly.

The look and feel of this app changed drastically with Froyo, which might be why you think it is missing. It will still let you look through your pictures, play movies, and even a basic slideshow.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    [quote=Technoman;886854]
    Perhaps this was something that you had installed from the market and no longer have installed now?
    No, this player was there from day one Technoman - unless the gal at the Verizon store downloaded it.

It's also not the gallery app Twerp, which as you say, is quite different now - it's still there and working fine.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I mistakenly put my camera/camcorder viewer in the trash can and would like to get it back. Is there a way to open the trash can and restore an item? And if not, is there a way to simply add another to the screen like any other shortcut? I don't even know what it's called but it's the standard, pre-loaded one that comes with the X.

Many thanks!
    Are you talking about GALLERY?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Sorry, didn't read Terp's post. I am pretty much stock and have nothing like what you are describing.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Ah well, it's a small issue - c'est la vie
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Restoring Factory App

Hi Stig,

I think I have an idea for you. I also have a Droid2 and am just getting familiar with its features. And, like you, I inadvertently "trashed" a widget that I thought I didn't want. (In my case, it was my News widget - it was full of celebrity highlights and I didn't realize at the time that I could customize using other news feeds.) I tried many of the things that you did until I recalled that I still had my "starter" tips from the company. (This is the simple wallet-sized brochure provided with your phone.) Anyway, I was able to restore the "news widget" I was seeking and found the name of the widget I believe you are referring to.

I think the widget you need is called, "Picture Frame Plus Widget" and like others who posted earlier, you can find it located in the "Motorola" widgets.

To access the Motorola widgets, simply rest your finger on the screen until the phone vibrates and the menu appears. Find the desired widget, hold it and it will be transferred to your screen. (Just make sure you add it to the screen where you want to house it. I initially added mine to the homepage, and then couldn't "swipe" it to a back page causing me to trash it and install again.)

Good Luck!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Nope, that's not it either but thanks Silent - hope you're not "deadly" too
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

I have the exact same problem!

Have you found a solution yet?
    I've only had my Droid 2 for 2 weeks and this "photo viewer widget" (don't know the exact name) was there from the get-go. I've downloaded another app (Quick Pic) to manage my photos -- and deleted my "viewer" thinking Quick Pic would provide a better one. But it does NOT -- I want an interactive widget back that lets me view and scroll through my pics right from a home-screen panel.
    Any advice?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Alas no Holly, sorry.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links