First of all, if i backed up all my applications and data (everything checked), will my phone be exactly the same when i reload it all from mybackup pro or do i have to configure it all again?
and more importantly, what all gets fixed with the factory reset that im reading about here: Bingo! I finally figured out how to get things straight in my Droid X 2.2 update - Android Forums
since getting froyo, ive noticed:
1. it seems to actually be slower when loading up screens than when my phone ran on 2.1.
2. the text message order is all messed up. The most recently sent ones appear at the top of the list, and those that I receive are randomly placed below.
3. Im running Launcher Pro Plus and I noticed that sometimes when you go to click on an icon (for instance, the Menu icon), it will not light up. If you click around the button but not actually on the button, it will take you to the menu without lighting up the icon. This is kind of annoying.
4. the pictures in my contacts list that are synched up from my Facebook contacts takes FOREVER to load. When I open my contacts list, it takes a long time for everyones picture to appear. Before on 2.1, it took little to no time for these pictures to appear.
5. a couple times now ill pick up the phone and it will connect but nothign comes through (cant hear any voice)
6. email not syncing up anymore. its on a 1 hour fetch schedule but it doesnt fetch unless i manually refresh it
now i know theyre already working on a patch to fix #2 so im not too worried about that, but will a factory reset help out with 1,3,4 and 5?
please let me know what you think before i go and do this factory reset and potentially screw up everything on my phone for nothing...