DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally! This Iphone thing is over!!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Smile Finally! This Iphone thing is over!!!

So, I watching Hulu and noticed this commercial. It's an Onstar commercial.
    Well, usually we are used to see ichones...oops! i misspelled it. Just watch the commercial and you guys will see the goodness. It's our fav DROID X. Finally! Android is coming up fast and taking over the iOS unlike anything else. We all remember that rabbit story right? lol

Comment below guys.

Last edited by abe7333; 10-04-2010 at 10:09 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Big deal..I have an x...but one commercial or maybe two we should
    A little bit higher
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Just something i observed over the weekend. In almost all sporting events that I had on my television (baseball/football) Verizon was pushing one phone. Not the X. Not the Droid 2. They were pushing the Incredible!

Now that may have been because of the special they had, "by an Incredible get another phone free," just surprised that there was nothing on the X or D2.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Just something i observed over the weekend. In almost all sporting events that I had on my television (baseball/football) Verizon was pushing one phone. Not the X. Not the Droid 2. They were pushing the Incredible!

Now that may have been because of the special they had, "by an Incredible get another phone free," just surprised that there was nothing on the X or D2.
    I saw the same thing hook, commercial after commercial for the INC.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by abe7333 View Post
    So, I watching Hulu and noticed this commercial. It's an Onstar commercial.
    Well, usually we are used to see ichones...oops! i misspelled it. Just watch the commercial and you guys will see the goodness. It's our fav DROID X. Finally! Android is coming up fast and taking over the iOS unlike anything else. We all remember that rabbit story right? lol

Comment below guys.

YouTube - live On - OnStar Commercial :30

Cool! More to come!
    Kenny A. Chaffin
    Art Gallery - Photo Gallery- Print Gallery - Poetry
    "Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    The iPhone thing is over? Hold on... let me sell all that useless Apple stock.

Getting serious for a second, if iPhone does indeed come to VZW next year, as has been widely speculated, it will have a large and significant impact on Android sales. That is not a judgment of the quality of the DX or any other Android device, it's just reality.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post

Getting serious for a second, if iPhone does indeed come to VZW next year, as has been widely speculated, it will have a large and significant impact on Android sales. That is not a judgment of the quality of the DX or any other Android device, it's just reality.
    How do you figure it would have significant impact on Android sales when iPhone owners are jumping over the side of the SS Apple just to have Android options which are superior to the iFail?

Your statement makes no sense when you look at market data.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Section Twelve View Post
    How do you figure it would have significant impact on Android sales when iPhone owners are jumping over the side of the SS Apple just to have Android options which are superior to the iFail?
    Those who are switching, are typically switching for a superior network, not a superior device.

What marketing data would this be? Where can we look at a carrier, that has both options, where Android is dominating iPhone?

The following will all impact Android sales:

• VZW users eligible for a new device, who might have considered Android devices, would have an iPhone option
    • VZW users who currently have an Android device, who would have likely purchased a new Android device, would have an iPhone option
    • Disgusted AT&T customers, who might have considered Android devices, would have an iPhone option
    • Disgusted T-Mobile customers, would have considered Android devices, will now have an iPhone option

iPhone is the most wildly popular cell phone in history. To believe it wouldn't impact Android, which let's face it, would have never gained this momentum had iPhone been on VZW all these years, seems crazy.

Look, I'm not questioning that Android will march on. And I have no desire to get into a debate about device quality, feature sets, etc. All I'm saying is, the iPhone has broader appeal. Forums like these, which largely target power users, have a way of distorting perspectives. The average person, when presented with the option, is going to choose an iPhone. While a wide selection of Android devices may be a good thing for you or I, for the average person it just creates confusion.
    Last edited by GeneralZod; 10-05-2010 at 07:27 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post

Let's be honets with ourselves, folks. If/when Verizon carries the iPhone, it WILL have an impact on Android sales. No question. There's no denying the fact that the iPhone is a highly regarded device and is one of the main reasons that AT&T has remained successfull. Love my X, but the iPhone is a popular and quality device. On the other hand, AT&T's service STINKS and it is widely known. So when AT&T sufferers who are loyal to the iPhone have the option to get it through Verizon, many will do it. Likewise, the iPhone is arguably less intimidating to the novice smartphone user simply because (it seems like) everyone and their mother has one and has figured out how to use it. Android, while growing faster than iPhone OS, is still a bit foreign to many people. Again, looking at the customers who are finally ready to step into their first smart phone, I think there could be a greater tendency to try the iPhone than many of the Androids if they are side by side in a Verizon store. Therefor, I do believe Android sales will be impacted. Not crushed, but they will feel it if/when iPhone comes to VZW. And I am certain that VZW's new customer growth will spike when people have the option to ditch AT&T but keep their precious iPhones.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadJ55 View Post
    Android, while growing faster than iPhone OS, is still a bit foreign to many people.
    All good points. However, I wanted to elaborate on this a bit.

Of course Android is growing faster. iPhone essentially had as much market share as they possibly could, being on a single carrier. Conversely, there's a myriad of Android options on all carriers. Consequently, comparing "market data" is like comparing the proverbial apples and oranges.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links