was just wondering if this would remove root permissions. i'm running the official 2.2
Here are the exact steps to perform a factory reset, aka hard reset.
[with phone off]
- Press and hold the Home key+Power button simultaneuously.
- From the Recovery screen (exclamation point with an Android figure), press the Search key.
- use the Volume keys (up / down) to highlight and the Camera key to select.
- Touch Yes -- delete all user data then touch Ok.
- Allow the factory reset process to complete (approximately 1 minute).
- Ensure reboot system now is highlighted then touch Ok.