DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hating 2.2 with a passion. Issues inside!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Yea.. I removed the task killer for a few hours and it went from 80% to 40% within the 2 hours or so. So um no YOU NEED A TASK KILLER
    The main issue (imo) isn't use of a task killer versus non use of a task killer-- although that's a worthwhile discussion. The main issue is someone starting a thread about "hating 2.2 with a passion" over diminished battery life when everyone knows (or should know) that 2.2 provides dramatically improved battery performance. Obviously, there is something significantly wrong with how the person who started this thread is using their phone.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Re: text messages not appearing in order, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that an issue with a third party app and not the standard text messaging app?
    Last edited by mgico; 09-26-2010 at 03:05 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The issue with texts is known by Motorola. It is a problem with the timestamp of each message. The phone is assigning the wrong time to each text. It will be fixed.

As for the task killer/battery life issue, I am 100% certain that one of your apps is causing this issue. To everyone telling this guy that he "isn't using his phone correctly", shut up because you're not helping the situation and it isn't his fault there is a faulty app.

To the OP, you should list all of your apps here so we can determine which one is causing an issue (there are known issues with certain apps that are poorly made.) These apps can remain in memory and use resources and task killers in 2.2 don't correctly close any apps, which is why you see them reappear over and over in your task killer.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by mgico View Post
    Re: text messages not appearing in order, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that an issue with a third party app and not the standard text messaging app?
    No.. its froyo. And no it isnt just me on the battery. I, my friend with a X, and my other friend with droid 2 all have horrible battery life. Before in 2.1 My task killer would end useless process's running in the background every 30min and I was able to get over 24hrs of use from my phone easy. Now no matter what I do froyo 2.2 ****ing sucks on battery life. This is even being complained about on the motorola owners forum HUGELY. It isnt my apps because I havent added one single app since the update, the moment the update was installed on my phone my battery died in the half the time that day then it usually does.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgico View Post
    No its a 2.2 issue that Motorola is aware of. They will be pushing another update out to fix it.

Before you ask when, nobody knows right now. : )

Sent from my Droid
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    No need to go around the language filter fccs.

You said you don't have any third party apps on your phone. The only third party app you have is the task killer. Correct?

Do as I said and do a factory reset.

Sent from my Droid
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    If you don't like it, go back to 2.1 and stop complaining. Everyone else is enjoying it. We're trying to help you and all you want to do is complain. We are not the dev team who created the update, we are a community that you came to looking for knowledge on how to correct your issues with 2.2. We've seen the same thing before and have responded the same way and seen people get a few more hours of juice a day due to our advice.
    You obviously don't want to take any advice, and since this is all we can offer, your complaints have no value to this forum. Peace.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoder View Post
    If you don't like it, go back to 2.1 and stop complaining.
    No way to do that on the X at this time....No going back from OTA 2.2
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Maybe a VZW store around him has a replacement that hasnt been upgraded yet
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    My biggest complaint about the new OTA froyo update is the slide lock only showing up when the pattern/pin/pw security is turned on. Either both on or both off. Very frustrating!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links