DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How do you get only contacts with phone numbers only to show?

  1. Droid
    TheCyclist's Avatar
    Member #
    15363
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    #1

    How do you get only contacts with phone numbers only to show?

    I just switched from a Droid 1 to Droid X and I can't seem to make it only view contacts with Phone Numbers. When I go to phone contacts it just shows the #numbers from Verizon and "Me".

    What can I do?
    ~Moto Droid X~
    ~ADW.launcher/Handcent~
  2. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Had the same problem with my D2 after coming from D1. I manually created a group. I didn't have all of my Google contacts showing up, just the ones from my favorites so it didn't take long. YMMV.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid
    TheCyclist's Avatar
    Member #
    15363
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Had the same problem with my D2 after coming from D1. I manually created a group. I didn't have all of my Google contacts showing up, just the ones from my favorites so it didn't take long. YMMV.
    Can you create the group on my Google account on only on the DX?
    ~Moto Droid X~
    ~ADW.launcher/Handcent~
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCyclist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Had the same problem with my D2 after coming from D1. I manually created a group. I didn't have all of my Google contacts showing up, just the ones from my favorites so it didn't take long. YMMV.
    Can you create the group on my Google account on only on the DX?
    Not sure. If the set up is the same as the D2 you can create new groups. You just long press on the contacts bar in contacts and groups pops up.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    scrappyh's Avatar
    Member #
    119595
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    DX
    #5
    Open your contacts up. Then press the title bar(Contacts: all contacts). A drop down menu opens. Scroll down and select phone contacts.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Impact619's Avatar
    Member #
    172254
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6

    Can this be set to the default?

    Quote Originally Posted by scrappyh View Post
    Open your contacts up. Then press the title bar(Contacts: all contacts). A drop down menu opens. Scroll down and select phone contacts.
    Is there a way to make this the default view? I'm able to switch to this view, but when I go back into contacts later, it always seems to be back to displaying 'All Contacts', and then sometimes I have to wait a minute or two for the bloated contact list to load before I can even switch views!
  7. Master Droid
    Technoman's Avatar
    Member #
    12158
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    980
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappyh View Post
    Open your contacts up. Then press the title bar(Contacts: all contacts). A drop down menu opens. Scroll down and select phone contacts.
    Is there a way to make this the default view? I'm able to switch to this view, but when I go back into contacts later, it always seems to be back to displaying 'All Contacts', and then sometimes I have to wait a minute or two for the bloated contact list to load before I can even switch views!
    Mine defaults to the group labeled "GOOGLE CONTACTS"
  8. Droid Newbie
    Impact619's Avatar
    Member #
    172254
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappyh View Post
    Open your contacts up. Then press the title bar(Contacts: all contacts). A drop down menu opens. Scroll down and select phone contacts.
    Is there a way to make this the default view? I'm able to switch to this view, but when I go back into contacts later, it always seems to be back to displaying 'All Contacts', and then sometimes I have to wait a minute or two for the bloated contact list to load before I can even switch views!
    Mine defaults to the group labeled "GOOGLE CONTACTS"

    Yeah, so I'm still wondering how to change what views by default. From some of the other threads I've foound, the older versions of Android might have had this option, but not this one, at least not on Motorola/Verizon.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to add phone numbers to facebook contacts
    By Metroshica in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
  2. Showing contacts ONLY with phone numbers
    By guod in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM
  3. Some Contacts can't display more than 2 Phone Numbers?
    By endoftheline in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
  4. Phone numbers gone from my contacts after update
    By pb.sara in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 02:14 PM
  5. How can I add phone numbers to my contacts?
    By kingfish in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 01:59 PM

Search tags for this page

can i only show phone contacts on my nexus phone
,

droid how do i make it so only phone contacts appear?

,
how do you only display contacts with numbers on droid razor
,

how do you only get phone numbers in droid pro

,
how do you view contact phone numbers on android phone
,
how to only show contacts with phone numbers in razr m droid
,

how to only show phone contacts android

,
how to view only contacts with phone numbers on droid razor
,
how to you set it to only show contacts with phone numbers o
,
show only phone contacts in galaxy s3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+