DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Quirk--Going from 100% to 90% in 5mins

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

New Quirk--Going from 100% to 90% in 5mins

Just recently when my battery says CHARGED and 100% I take it off the charge. 5-10mins later it is already down to 90%. I tried the old power down and power back up...but am I doing something wrong?

What is up with this?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    First off download this widget called BatteryLife by Curvefish. Put it on your homescreen and then click it and hit Settings. In it, click Show Extended Info. Now back out and look at the battery icon.

If the voltage is not 4200+ before you unplug it at 100%, the battery is not fully fully charged. You could be unplugging it just as it peaks over to 100% voltage wise and there was still room to charge it fully.

Also you most likely are doing something pretty intense for those 5-10 minutes. I've had my phone sit idle for about 12 hours at 100% and it would take another 10-15 minutes of real usage to have it hit 90% finally. So something must be wrong.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Mine does the same thing as the OP. I figured it was from the screen lighting up, because I most definitely haven't been doing anything intense when it happens.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    The Battery only reports in increments of 10%. It can be alarming to see your charge drop by 10% in a matter of minutes, but realize it could really be 99%, but the OS drops the meter down to the next level which happens to be 90%. HTH.
    a little obsessive...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    First off download this widget called BatteryLife by Curvefish. Put it on your homescreen and then click it and hit Settings. In it, click Show Extended Info. Now back out and look at the battery icon.

If the voltage is not 4200+ before you unplug it at 100%, the battery is not fully fully charged. You could be unplugging it just as it peaks over to 100% voltage wise and there was still room to charge it fully.

Also you most likely are doing something pretty intense for those 5-10 minutes. I've had my phone sit idle for about 12 hours at 100% and it would take another 10-15 minutes of real usage to have it hit 90% finally. So something must be wrong.
    Ill cosigner what he said. I've noticed the phone could say 100% but its still not fully charged yet. If you leave it charging for a while (a 1/2 hour maybe) you'll see that the battery lasts longer before it drops down to 90.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My phone does the same I find it weird cause it stays at 90 for a while after....

Another thing I noticed is the phone sucks a lot of battery from 100-60 percent. After that it just seems to take less and less battery as time passes
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I use battery left widget. It shows voltage...so I'll watch that.

Maybe you were right that I was taking it off the charge as soon as it got to "charged". I'll try leaving it on for a little bit longer after is says "charged" and see if I notice a difference. I never like to leave things plugged in too long after they are charged because I know that also it not good.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by bgillyjcu View Post

Maybe you were right that I was taking it off the charge as soon as it got to "charged". I'll try leaving it on for a little bit longer after is says "charged" and see if I notice a difference. I never like to leave things plugged in too long after they are charged because I know that also it not good.
    nothing wrong at leaving things plugged in even if its at a full charge. the battery will not be over charged. I just wish that I got a longer chord then the one I have.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrimm9 View Post

nothing wrong at leaving things plugged in even if its at a full charge. the battery will not be over charged. I just wish that I got a longer chord then the one I have.

The cord is WAY too short. What were they thinking? At least give me a 4 ft cord. That thing is like 2ft!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrimm9 View Post

The cord is WAY too short. What were they thinking? At least give me a 4 ft cord. That thing is like 2ft!
    I have a battery/power widget (I forget which one) that shows me %age, voltage... all kinds of data.

The car chargers are always way too short nowadays!!!!! Freaking annoying, cheap bastards saved .03cents on wire.

Links