DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come this is on the Driod Does Site and I did not get the Update yet?

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member

How come this is on the Driod Does Site and I did not get the Update yet?

Droid 2.2 Update
    Your DROID X by Motorola - even better with Android™ 2.2!

Great news! Verizon Wireless has released the new Android™ 2.2 software update for DROID X by Motorola. The new Android 2.2 software update - also known as "Froyo" - includes many new features for your phone and tons of shortcuts. Your phone has automatically received this update – no additional steps are required!
    For a complete list of enhancements and download instructions visit Software Update: DROID X by Motorola
    Exciting New Features in Android 2.2:

1. Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 for Android Pre-Installed - improved Web browsing to view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games for Android.
    2. Automatic Software Updates - choose to automatically update Android Market Apps you've downloaded, so you always have the latest application version installed.* Plus choose where your applications are stored – in your phone's memory or on a storage card with more capacity.
    3. 270° Screen Rotation - applications will now work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.

While the update is free, data charges may apply.
    © 2010 Verizon Wireless. *Application download may be subject to developer's approval. See developer's notes in application before downloading from the Android market. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Droid 2.2 Update

Great news! Verizon Wireless has released the new Android™ 2.2 software update for DROID X by Motorola. The new Android 2.2 software update - also known as "Froyo" - includes many new features for your phone and tons of shortcuts. Your phone has automatically received this update – no additional steps are required!
    For a complete list of enhancements and download instructions visit Software Update: DROID X by Motorola

1. Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 for Android Pre-Installed - improved Web browsing to view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games for Android.
    2. Automatic Software Updates - choose to automatically update Android Market Apps you've downloaded, so you always have the latest application version installed.* Plus choose where your applications are stored – in your phone's memory or on a storage card with more capacity.
    3. 270° Screen Rotation - applications will now work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.

© 2010 Verizon Wireless. *Application download may be subject to developer's approval. See developer's notes in application before downloading from the Android market. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.

If you go to the link: Software Update: DROID X by Motorola
    It still shows the update to 2.1. Nothing official has come from Verizon yet.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Droid 2.2 Update

Your link, and the text posted are all fake. If you actually go to the Verizon site for the Droid X update it lists the baseband and version that are current for 2.1 update 1.

I don't know if the post is of your doing, or if you are a victim of the fake posting, but it is not real.
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    Droid 2.2 Update

Your link, and the text posted are all fake. If you actually go to the Verizon site for the Droid X update it lists the baseband and version that are current for 2.1 update 1.

I don't know if the post is of your doing, or if you are a victim of the fake posting, but it is not real.
    I got it from Droid Does page and the link Software update would not open for me. That is why I was wondering where is my update. Also the link is in this Article I just found on Droid life. http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/17...hats-the-deal/
    Last edited by Preach2k; 09-17-2010 at 08:25 PM.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Well there is no 2.2 update for the X yet, no matter what you read.

Sent from my Droid
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
    Member #
    Phone
    Voodoo'd Fascinate
    Your link, and the text posted are all fake...
    How can it be fake when it's on Verizon's own Droid Does website? Granted, the update isn't here and it's more than likely that it's a placeholder document for something coming in the future.
    Samsung Fascinate<--My current obsession
    Voodoo'd, Overclocked, Undervolted, and Debinged
    Quadrant: 1994 Linpack: 9.8
    I also own: Droid Eris, Droid 1, Droid X
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Well there is no 2.2 update for the X yet, no matter what you read.

Sent from my Droid
    Does this mean that it is just around the corner? Or just teasing us? This is so messed up!!!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    I got it from Droid Does page and the link Software update would not open for me. That is why I was wondering where is my update. Also the link is in this Article I just found on Droid life. So DROID X 2.2 Update, What’s the Deal? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    You can't believe everything posted at Droid Life, or any other web site. If it isn't posted on the support pages for the Droid X at verizonwireless.com then it probably isn't true.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Greene View Post
    Your link, and the text posted are all fake...
    How can it be fake when it's on Verizon's own Droid Does website? Granted, the update isn't here and it's more than likely that it's a placeholder document for something coming in the future.
    It looks like the page was created but is dormant until they do release it. Somehow, this person stumbled upon the dormant page, because the domain is a Verizon owned domain name.

I am the Account Manager for my business (Hospital) and I get notifications from Verizon for any/all Android OS updates, and I still have not received anything for the Droid X.

I had been running the leaked 2.2 but actually downgraded back to 2.1 today because it was getting more and more buggy. 2.2 is nice, but it really isn't anything that is a game changer... not sure why people are so hopped up to get this ASAP. Personally, I'd rather have them make sure everything works and do a late release.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    I got it from Droid Does page and the link Software update would not open for me. That is why I was wondering where is my update. Also the link is in this Article I just found on Droid life. So DROID X 2.2 Update, What’s the Deal? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    You can't believe everything posted at Droid Life, or any other web site. If it isn't posted on the support pages for the Droid X at verizonwireless.com then it probably isn't true.
    It was posted at droiddoes.com, not droid life DroidDoes.com is owned by LucasFilm Ltd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links