DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Life - Seriously?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Angry Battery Life - Seriously?

I'm sure this subject has been ran into the ground, but I still haven't seen a straight forward answer. I fully charged my Droid X, unplugged it, and didn't use it for 3 hours. no txt, no surfing, no talking. Looking at the phone the battery was then at 15%. Battery usage screen says
    Display- 38%
    Cell standby- 31%
    Phone idle- 10%
    Gps is turned OFF
    Wi Fi is turned OFF
    The other night I went to bed with it fully charged, and like an idiot thought I could use it for an alarm clock. Needless to say it died sometime during the night. I now use my old ENV 3 for an alarm. while the Droid sits on life support at night.

Where do I check for and control other running programs?
    Is this as good as it gets? If so, I have a brand new Droid X paperweight for sale.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    What is your screen brightness set to?

Are you in an area where you don't have good reception?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    I have my brightness at 15% and turned GPS,Wifi off,I went into applcation and turned off about 15 different ones I was not using and spent all day recieving emails. i then used the phone about an hours of time usage and surfed the net about 1-1/2 hours came home it's on 60%.
    Last edited by Jamb; 09-07-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling grammar
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The screen is set to the lowest setting, and I have it set to shut off after 30 sec.
    I have 3G and 4 bars. I also set the phone to battery saver mode yesterday.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    DROID X - Tips for extending battery life

This thread is a little lengthy but some others with similar issues. Ok, this battery drain thing is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    704 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Go to your dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and go to your battery history and see if there are other things using battery life. Do you have any widgets updating? I have beautiful widgets and I notice my battery life has gotten worse since installing, but not enough to not use it. I can still go a good day and a half maybe more. Searching for 3g signal will really drain the battery, I always keep wifi on at home much less battery drain. I never have GPS on or bluetooth. Did you leave an internet browser up polling your location from cell signal? Under location settings turn off the use cell towers thing.
    Member #
    Twitter
    @blacktimus
    Phone
    CHARGED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    Go to your dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and go to your battery history and see if there are other things using battery life. Do you have any widgets updating? I have beautiful widgets and I notice my battery life has gotten worse since installing, but not enough to not use it. I can still go a good day and a half maybe more. Searching for 3g signal will really drain the battery, I always keep wifi on at home much less battery drain. I never have GPS on or bluetooth. Did you leave an internet browser up polling your location from cell signal? Under location settings turn off the use cell towers thing.

ive done this before but now i realize that the battery history says 98.3% is running but i cant tell whats still running... i have launcher plus and imeasy and handcent set up. no widgets running aside from the power one. battery set to saver mode. screen brightness set all the way down and screen to turn off after 15 seconds. i really need to fix this i do txt alot and as long as im by a computer i check email via that. one phone convo a day ( gf usually for 10 min ) no gps or wifi enabled as well. this is just really annoying at this point. i love this phone but it doesnt look cool on the charger in my room i am about to give up
    Member #
    Twitter
    @blacktimus
    Phone
    CHARGED!
    update: just removed imeasy and launcher pro..... apparently they do not allow your device to sleep
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktimusprime View Post
    update: just removed imeasy and launcher pro..... apparently they do not allow your device to sleep
    I've never heard that about Launcher Pro.. anyone else? I'm running Launcher Pro Plus, if that changes anything. Oh and also, I HAVE heard that Handcent has a real problem truly backgrounding. In other words, that might be the culprit. Try uninstalling that tonight, charge your phone over night again and then test the battery tomorrow.
    Member #
    Twitter
    @blacktimus
    Phone
    CHARGED!
    I removed launcher and Imeasy I'll report back tomorrow I'm going this fixes it although the point of this phone is for customization in all aspects of the device if I have to keep it bare bones until out savior.version 2.2 comes then I will..... Ill reply back in the afternoon guys thanks for the info
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links