Can I get some advice? I'm new here and to android.
- Had a little problem where i dropped it
- Now the power button doesn't work
- Also the wetness indicator is red
- Battery is a real pain to pull, so tight... (is that just mine?)
- I have insurance
- and have been lying low, it works fine (just can't put it back in my pocket until screen goes off by itself) Guess I felt like I would break it all the way soon, with my luck, also I think there's a $50 deductible on the insurance, right? didn't want to listen to wife on that expense...
- but I want to get free wifi tethering
- so that means I need to root my phone
So, what do you think? I've read other posts where power button is not enuf to use insurance for new device. True (?) Also guessing I should stay away from rooting, since they won't like to see that if I can return it.