DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

1. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    This is the only thing I worry about with this new update when it its me and Titanium Backup. I like TBU, but if you can't get root, then it is worthless until you can. So I have been using Astro File Manager to back up all my apps just in case until I can get root again.

Is there a better way? I mean, I'm sure there will be a way to root (or is) 2.2.1. I really haven't looked yet. I'm waiting to take the update personally and then deal with it then.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Droid X, 2.2.
    All of a sudden "Gallery" will act as though its going to load briefly and then immediately go back to "for a better word" desktop mode. No matter how many times I push the icon it does the same thing.
    I did remove the battery for about a minute and reinstall but that didn't accomplish anything. Any advice????? I don't think its anything that I can delete and reload since its a part of the original operating system menu.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    OK, I'll toot my own horn:
    I removed the battery again and left it out for over 5 minutes and replaced it. It rebooted and is working perfect again.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hirschman View Post
    OK, I'll toot my own horn:
    I removed the battery again and left it out for over 5 minutes and replaced it. It rebooted and is working perfect again.
    That is interesting to me. Battery pulls are usually no more effective then turning the phone off and on when it comes to a Droid. Glad you got it fixed.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Well, so much for tooting my horn. It worked once in a row and now its doing the same exact thing again. So I'm again begging for a solution.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Overclocked-rooted-tethered-DX
    Add a switch that you can press just before booting..?????

I posted earlier on this thread that I had had flawless mods on the phone. Since that post I had an Ultimate Droid flash go wrong and was able to eventually pull it back from the dreaded "Brick" precipice by getting Rummy 1.0 re installed. But in the process I lost my backup of the Factory ROM that I had carefully saved. Now I am without the ability to get back to stock. So I am now interested in a leak. Where can they be found?
    Last edited by jimisbell; 01-06-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Jim Isbell
  7. jkt
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Droid X, 2.2.
    All of a sudden "Gallery" will act as though its going to load briefly and then immediately go back to "for a better word" desktop mode. No matter how many times I push the icon it does the same thing.
    I did remove the battery for about a minute and reinstall but that didn't accomplish anything. Any advice????? I don't think its anything that I can delete and reload since its a part of the original operating system menu.
    I am having the same issue. It started about a week ago. Hoping someone has a solution for this. Thanks
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I found that I had either a corrupted or non-compatible picture file recently loaded that caused my problem. Once I removed the latest loaded pictures the problem went away.
    In the meantime, you can download an app that does the same function. There are several available. And they will work as expected.
  9. jkt
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I found that I had either a corrupted or non-compatible picture file recently loaded that caused my problem. Once I removed the latest loaded pictures the problem went away.
    In the meantime, you can download an app that does the same function. There are several available. And they will work as expected.
    I will try that when I get home tonight. Worst case I will use one of the apps you mentioned. Thanks for the help.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Overclocked-rooted-tethered-DX
    Since installing Gummyjar I have been unable to use the camera and for some reason have two "Galleries" neither of them show the pictures taken by the camera and the video camera just doesnt work at all. I gave up on it altogether and now carry a separate camera for that function that is now dead on the X. Everything else works and I like the speed so wont go back....as long as I dont need the camera.
    Jim Isbell
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Links