DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Overclocked-rooted-tethered-DX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FSG1 View Post
    upgraded to 2.2 - now it freezes. when idle and screen goes blank I cant return to screen by pressing the lock button. did a battery pull and same thing.

This update was pretty useless and for the worst. I used to love this phone and with this update feels like its a darn blackberry all over again.
    This is odd. My update went flawlessly and automatically. My Root went without flaw, My overclocking went flawlessly. My tethering went flawlessly. I have had not one problem with the DX since the day I got it and with all the "non authorized" stuff I have done, I would NOT have been surprised if it had hiccuped.

Guess its just good Karma
    Jim Isbell
  2. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    I go into settings battery manager and push on the battery to see what is using my battery and I get a Force Close.
    Last edited by msu; 11-23-2010 at 11:55 AM.
  3. scf
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Moto Droido Xo
    Looks like that's fixed in the new leak(2.3.320). Haven't had that issue since.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    On the camera soft button, I have noticed that it does function like the "half-push" hardware buttion. It focuses while you hold your finger down. Hold your finger to let it auto-focus, then release your finger, it won't take the picture until you release your finger.

^*^ Gene ^*^
  5. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    Quote Originally Posted by scf View Post
    Looks like that's fixed in the new leak(2.3.320). Haven't had that issue since.
    Actually if you do a full Factory reset, it cures the issue. Not sure about the Wifi issue I'm having though, but everything else so far is working correctly.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Can't Download From Market Because I Can't Sign into Talk

Have a brand new Droid X with 2.2 on it. I cannot sign in to Talk via wifi or 3G. It just hangs at 'Signing In.' As a result, I cannot download anything from the Market.

What can I do?
  7. scf
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Moto Droido Xo
    Before anything else, power the unit off. Pull the back, then the battery. Push a couple of buttons (expends and residual voltage, dunno if it really works with the X, but I've always done it with electronics). Wait 1-2 minutes, 30 seconds will probably do, but again just a habit of mine.

Then replace the battery/cover and boot up, see if that helps.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed

Social Networking & Contacts Pictures

So, the Social Networking app (Facebook only) syncs with my contact list and I get their Facebook Picture and Facebook Status on the caller ID.

When looking at the Social Networking app, it will show me all of my friends that have changed their profile pictures, but it does not update the phone's Contact photo.

So basically, I have to remove, re-add, and then re-link all of my Contacts if I want the new pictures to take effect on the Social Networking/Contacts pictures. I have searched the phone high and low for a possible setting, but I think it's a flaw with the App. Anyone have a solution, or confirmation that it is a Motoblur problem?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by bgm-alchemy View Post
    HELP FREAKING OUT! Please Help!

Please forgive my anger, the injustice of the destruction the "FORCED VERIZON MANDATORY UPDATE" & their arrogance in that they own my phone & they can do what they please. I pay them a huge amount of money for their service & this is how they repay me.
    Look, I pay a lot of money to my local government, but they still plow my streets, remove my trash and do other things that I don't have the means to (nor do I want them), so I am at their mercy if they plow it so I get stuck in my driveway or don't take my garbage because they won't take an old piece of scrap metal.

If you don't want to deal with Verizon and their T's&C's, then change carriers. If you have any carriers that allow you to root your phone and have good, nationwide signal strength, please let us know. You lied to the VZW technician a few times about rooting, and then get upset because they can't help you? I don't get that arguement... The reason why you can't root your phone and get support from VZW is due to the severe differences in rooted phones. Non-rooted phones are all the same and they can provide support to anyone as they know what the phone has on it. It's common sense if you ask me.

There are those that disagree with me, pretty strongly I'm sure. Fact is, just because you pay a company money for services, doesn't mean you get to run the company the way you want.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Overclocked-rooted-tethered-DX
    I understand your anger, but it is misplaced. If I bought a Ford and removed one of the wheels so that I would have a 3 wheeled car, then had a problem steering the thing I would not be mad at Ford, I would be mad at me. And telling the technicians a lie and then expecting help is just asinine. If they told you a lie, would you be happy with them? I think you misplaced anger is like yelling at the traffic cop that just stopped you to warn you that you had a tail light out......and then he decided to give you a ticket instead of a warning......
    Jim Isbell
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Links