DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    No improvement
    Hate froyo..everything I loved about my phone has gone to pot. Not one to write in forums, but I am so disappointed.
    Last edited by bh8690; 09-24-2010 at 12:02 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm not at that point yet. So far the flickering is just a minor annoyance, but I'm sure it will start eating away at me. This is definitely a software issue because my phone didn't have this issue prior to the update. Any else having this issue?

Flickering/choppy imaging is apparent when scrolling in the contacts and settings menues and also when scrolling up and down on the browser.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Clean install

I did not have any issues installing 2.2. My issues appeared after with GPS, applications not closing and draining the battery, battery very hot, applications freezing. I finally called support and all I said was "I have a Droid X, and I upgraded to 2.2 and am having some random issues". They did not even ask what issues, it was an immediate "back to factory" reply. It makes me think Verizon knows there are issues and had to meet the "End of Summer" deadline even if one day before the start of autumn. After the reset and reinstall everything appears to be working good. I have not tried GPS yet but I did not have the issue with it not going in to standby before the upgrade.
  4. Bang Bang
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    juicemane_
    Phone
    G Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    If you do a factory reset you lose everything, how can you back up EVERYTHING on your phone? Including apps, contacts, the way the screen is set up etc.
    root it, cw rec mod, nandroid backup, done. or use TI backup and do it 50%

Quote Originally Posted by bh8690 View Post
    No improvement
    Hate froyo..everything I loved about my phone has gone to pot. Not one to write in forums, but I am so disappointed.
    whats wrong?

| AOKP Rom | Imo Lean Kernel | Seidio Active |

| Like my work? Donate | | Need me? Twitter |
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Had wi-fi connectivity problems with 2.1 when phone was new. Spoke with L1 & 2 at both VZ and MOT. No help. Found solution on a forum: Menu button -> wi-fi networks -> wi-fi settings -> press menu button, select "advanced" -> wi-fi sleep policy, select never -> select Enable Auto IP -> press menu button, select save. Once I did this never again had a problem with wi-fi connectivity on 2.1 or now with 2.2 either. Thanks to whoever it was that posted this on another forum.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X Froyo 2.2 leak Rooted
    I noticed from 2.2 leak to official, no changes, same issues as leak. I have an issue with the camera where if you take a picture and keep deleting right after (like if your trying to get a good shot) it will force close and wont re open until you restart the phone. Also pandroa force closes still are a problem and as well as apps not showing up on the market unless you mod the build.prop file. (my phone was formatted and and cache cleared). I even think the battery is worse on the official 2.2. Motorola changed nothing from the leak and as I see it if yoiur on the leak do not change to the official. Same problems are still here.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan4h View Post
    I'm not at that point yet. So far the flickering is just a minor annoyance, but I'm sure it will start eating away at me. This is definitely a software issue because my phone didn't have this issue prior to the update. Any else having this issue?

Flickering/choppy imaging is apparent when scrolling in the contacts and settings menues and also when scrolling up and down on the browser.
    My screen is flickering on a line that runs straight across the screen in the middle (if you are holding it in portrait), or straight down the screen in landscape. It's the same part of the screen that flickers or causes graphic problems. In the browser, if I hold the screen in lanscape orientation and sroll through a long page, the right side of the screen seems to detatch from the left side along that line that I mentioned. I took my phone to verizon and the MANAGER there didn't even know anything about Android 2.2 for the Droid X, and HE HAS A DROID X HIMSELF!?!? Seriously? Typical clueless Verizon... Anyways, they are sending me a brand new Droid X since I have only had the phone for about 3 weeks.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid X 2.2 - DISASTER!

Yes, Wesford9, so typical Verizon. Did same to me when I called; then I received an email that they were sending a Certified Like New Replacement??? I've had the phone for 3 weeks (but only activated 2 days ago after 2.2 was available!) Called again and have a 3rd phone on it's way. Don't think any of them will be worth keeping if they don't fix the SLOOOOOW browser (which was supposed to be faster the inability to move from portrait to landscape; the contacts issues; the ringtones not working, etc., etc.
    If they can't handle the Droid X, how will they deal with Iphone????
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Brand new Droid X out the box. Programed phone, ran backup assistant and then went and grabbed OFFICIAL Froyo. After downloading fine, and unpacking fine it reboots getting stuck on the /\/\. I can hear the eye loadinging up in the background. I give it ten minutes and try to turn off, had to pop the battery and now have to pop battery every time when I restart it. BRAND NEW PHONE! No root, no ROM and first time starting it up.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Lots of issues with the 2.2???? It sure sounds like. Now, I still have not gotten the opportunity to update my DX. Im still unavailable to do so. Had the phone for 10 days about.

does someone know how to force install or do i just not want to do that?
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Links