DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No ota for people with leaked 2.2= B.S from motorola they B pissed Droid X is hacked

1. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

No ota for people with leaked 2.2= B.S from motorola they B pissed Droid X is hacked

this is just a last ditch Effort for motorola to get people not to root/Boot A Custom Rom they are just upset that there Unhackable phone got hacked what ever deal with it ......Motorola really why threaten people like this do you want your sales to Drop ??????

As we have learned more & more people are getting into Jailbreaking/Rooting There phones as congress last month voted & with a loud voice said customizing your phone's software is not illegal as once you buy the phone it is your property.......

We all Know that it takes a Dev just a few days to port over the official release of froyo when ever it comes down from Motorola/Verizon please this is a empty threat
    WoZzY

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    This was my first thought when I read the statement from the Motorola rep

4. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    This is like the third thread on this now...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid X
    So will the ota be any different then the leaked version? If so how can I go back to 2.1if im not rooted?
    DROID X rooted..... ovrclkd. low voltage.1.2ghz... random bootlogos....cod blkops bootanimation... Froze a few unused apps...DROID font... Keep 25 mb ram free...toggle between go launcher an launcher pro no roms...my DROID X DOES!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    So how can there be a OTA for 2.2 when you already have that installed? if they release the update and its the same number as the leak then your phone wont know there's a difference. when theres an update to 2.2 like the 604 sure it will know there's a difference. I'm sure everyone knew that updated to 2.2 would require you to sbf back to 2.1 and re-update. When the windows 7 beta was released and then the final product came out did you think windows updated to the final product no. same with the office beta when that came out and the final one came out. the beta had to be uninstalled and the new final product had to be installed. That was a beta release a test one that was leaked. So motorola says no OTA well duh its not possible cause your phone thinks it has the correct version already.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    its kinda amazing that with how small the rooting community is compared to the normal mundane users how much motorola is going out of their way to make it harder and harder for us when the dev's just get a work around or hack through it a few weeks later.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence87 View Post
    So how can there be a OTA for 2.2 when you already have that installed? if they release the update and its the same number as the leak then your phone wont know there's a difference. when theres an update to 2.2 like the 604 sure it will know there's a difference. I'm sure everyone knew that updated to 2.2 would require you to sbf back to 2.1 and re-update. When the windows 7 beta was released and then the final product came out did you think windows updated to the final product no. same with the office beta when that came out and the final one came out. the beta had to be uninstalled and the new final product had to be installed. That was a beta release a test one that was leaked. So motorola says no OTA well duh its not possible cause your phone thinks it has the correct version already.
    that's not true. the versions have changes and the phone would know.

on T-Mobile i ran the leaked froyo from day one and i received the official OTA when it came out.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung G S 3
    Motorola could care less what anyone does to the phone.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    either way...even if we dont get it OTA..it will by on a update.zip or sbf in NO TIME..

ESPECIALLY if it has JIT
    2.2 Deodexed, Black Glass By 928 Droid
    Rom Tweaks by yours truly, autostarts optimized,
    quadrant: 1513
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    ever thought that they aren't "cracking down on rooting" but more so just sayin "hey, wanna let you know, i you don't get the OTA, it's cuz you're on the leaked 2.2, and we aren't gonna put in an update path to detect the leaked 2.2 cuz it is just more possible issues to contend with"

i see it as they are helping us out so we don't see 34937492 million issues of "OMG, i didn't get the OTA 2.2...why? i have the leaked 2.2"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links