DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Droid X - Wifi

  1. Senior Droid
    droidx2010's Avatar
    Member #
    109108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    206
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Droid X - Wifi

    Is there any way to enable (or use another app) the hotspot feature on Droid X w/out being charged $20/month? I was thinking if there's free text capability there would be free wifi, somehow.
  2. Mean Bro Greene's Avatar
    Member #
    86037
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Conservativetown, TN -_-
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Voodoo'd Fascinate
    #2
    There are several apps that do this, but only if you're rooted.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Samsung Fascinate<--My current obsession
    Voodoo'd, Overclocked, Undervolted, and Debinged
    Quadrant: 1994 Linpack: 9.8
    I also own: Droid Eris, Droid 1, Droid X
  3. Senior Droid
    droidx2010's Avatar
    Member #
    109108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    206
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Greene View Post
    There are several apps that do this, but only if you're rooted.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Is there a safe way to root droid x w/out bricking it?
  4. Master Droid
    Section Twelve's Avatar
    Member #
    100769
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    311
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    Is there a safe way to root droid x w/out bricking it?
    The various threads on the forum related to rooting should have information about that.
  5. Senior Droid
    droidx2010's Avatar
    Member #
    109108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    206
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Section Twelve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    Is there a safe way to root droid x w/out bricking it?
    The various threads on the forum related to rooting should have information about that.
    There are various threads but I couldn't find it on Droid X. Is it really as risky as they say?
  6. Mean Bro Greene's Avatar
    Member #
    86037
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Conservativetown, TN -_-
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Voodoo'd Fascinate
    #6
    The risks of rooting don't vary across hardware. I believe there's a FAQ on rooting on this forum that should answer most questions you would have about the potential pros and cons.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Samsung Fascinate<--My current obsession
    Voodoo'd, Overclocked, Undervolted, and Debinged
    Quadrant: 1994 Linpack: 9.8
    I also own: Droid Eris, Droid 1, Droid X
  7. Senior Droid
    droidx2010's Avatar
    Member #
    109108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    206
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Greene View Post
    The risks of rooting don't vary across hardware. I believe there's a FAQ on rooting on this forum that should answer most questions you would have about the potential pros and cons.Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    What's tapatalk?
  8. Developer Relations
    tp7six's Avatar
    Member #
    61666
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,512
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    What's tapatalk?
    It's a Forum Client available in the Market

  9. Senior Droid
    droidx2010's Avatar
    Member #
    109108
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    206
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    What's tapatalk?
    It's a Forum Client available in the Market
    can u be more specific? is it like google voice or something like that?
  10. Mean Bro Greene's Avatar
    Member #
    86037
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Conservativetown, TN -_-
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Voodoo'd Fascinate
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by droidx2010 View Post
    What's tapatalk?
    It's a Forum Client available in the Market
    can u be more specific? is it like google voice or something like that?
    I would suggest you look it up on the market...as tparker said earlier.
    Samsung Fascinate<--My current obsession
    Voodoo'd, Overclocked, Undervolted, and Debinged
    Quadrant: 1994 Linpack: 9.8
    I also own: Droid Eris, Droid 1, Droid X
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wifi on computer stops working after using wifi on droid
    By geronimogman in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
  2. Droid X wifi connection crashing home wifi network. help!
    By bluflax in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
  3. WiFi on Droid X
    By nacho220 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
  5. barnacle wifi tether vs adamz wifi tethers
    By President.Douche in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM

Search tags for this page

android 2.3 wifi internet disconnect
,

droid x wifi

,
how to enable mifi droid x
,
mywi for android
,

safest way to root a droid x

,
using wifi hotspot feature of droid x
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+