DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on X...what to do?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Waiting on X...what to do?

So I've been waiting since the 12th for my new X. I've called the store (which apparently isn't a corporate store, so I can't track the order number) a few times and they've been completely unhelpful so far. Their responses are simply "we'll call you when it's in" or "call back next week."

I just called a local Best Buy, which has stock right now. I'm tempted to call the store I ordered from to cancel my order so I can get the X immediately from BB. Has anyone else done this?

One problem I can see is that I switched to Verizon to join my fiancee on a plan. So I'm not sure how the upgrade eligibility stuff will work if I cancel the order at the store. What do you all think?

Thanks!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    This store that you're dealing with, is it a privately owned Verizon Store? If that's the case then call Verizon directly and they will be happy to give you details about the status of your order. I'd also report the store for having poor customer service.

If it isn't a Verizon store it shouldn't affect you eligibility because you haven't activated the phone yet.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I'd wait. The software on the X is somewhat buggy. Hopefully by the time you get yours the software update will be rolling out.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    I'd wait. The software on the X is somewhat buggy. Hopefully by the time you get yours the software update will be rolling out.
    It's not buggy by any stretch......
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    What about the problems with the stock messaging app and the "no sleep" battery drain bug? These are fairly big problems.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    What about the problems with the stock messaging app and the "no sleep" battery drain bug? These are fairly big problems.
    Not everyone is seeing those issues....

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    This store that you're dealing with, is it a privately owned Verizon Store? If that's the case then call Verizon directly and they will be happy to give you details about the status of your order. I'd also report the store for having poor customer service.

If it isn't a Verizon store it shouldn't affect you eligibility because you haven't activated the phone yet.
    I'm not sure how their whole process works, but they gave me a loaner Eris in the mean time. So I think I might have "activated" the line already. I could be wrong though. Maybe I should just call CS and ask them what I can do.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    If your using an Eris then the line is active...

Only the Skilled Survive

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmcclelland View Post

I'm not sure how their whole process works, but they gave me a loaner Eris in the mean time. So I think I might have "activated" the line already. I could be wrong though. Maybe I should just call CS and ask them what I can do.
    Well, you didn't answer any of my questions but you do have the right idea. Call customer service and ask them where your X is. You should have an order number.

Next time you want to save a few bucks on a new phone try Amazon.com. They are awesome.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmcclelland View Post

Well, you didn't answer any of my questions but you do have the right idea. Call customer service and ask them where your X is. You should have an order number.

Next time you want to save a few bucks on a new phone try Amazon.com. They are awesome.
    Sorry...they aren't a direct Verizon store, they just look like it. They are a 3rd party retailer even though the store looks like it should be a corporate verizon store (the sign says verizon wireless only, not some other store name).

I called CS and they told me it should ship by the 30th. The guy was really helpful though and said I can take the Eris back to the store to get my money back and reset my upgrade eligibility. Then I can go to BB and walk out with the phone at the upgrade price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links