DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Gallery problem

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Gallery problem

I'm a newb and I did a search but did not find this issue. Hope you can help. DROID X

Yesterday evening my gallery started randomly duplicating pictures and changing the zoom and crop of the pictures. Then it started cascading one image over itself. If I take a duplicate and use two-touch to zoom it, it will zoom in and then go to the gallery automatically or freeze up. It also takes a picture and scrambles it to a mess of colors with no image or scrambles two sides of a pic. I have run two different virus apps and one was already in place protecting it from the start. The pictures came from my home PC and they are virus free. 90% of the pics have been in the phone since new. It could be coincidence, but the only added app since the last picture was loaded was a taskiller. I uninstalled it, but the problem stayed. HELP !!!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
    I'm a newb and I did a search but did not find this issue. Hope you can help. DROID X

Yesterday evening my gallery started randomly duplicating pictures and changing the zoom and crop of the pictures. Then it started cascading one image over itself. If I take a duplicate and use two-touch to zoom it, it will zoom in and then go to the gallery automatically or freeze up. It also takes a picture and scrambles it to a mess of colors with no image or scrambles two sides of a pic. I have run two different virus apps and one was already in place protecting it from the start. The pictures came from my home PC and they are virus free. 90% of the pics have been in the phone since new. It could be coincidence, but the only added app since the last picture was loaded was a taskiller. I uninstalled it, but the problem stayed. HELP !!!
    Get rid of the anti-virus... Android does not need it.

Have you tried a batter pull to reset?

If you mount the card on your computer, what does the computer show for the same images?

There are many APP's that can mess with your images. Hope you get it all worked out.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post

Get rid of the anti-virus... Android does not need it.

Have you tried a batter pull to reset?

If you mount the card on your computer, what does the computer show for the same images?

There are many APP's that can mess with your images. Hope you get it all worked out.
    I did a battery pull. I also deleted pics with problems and duplicates. Didn't help. I will see what the pics do on my PC. Good idea, thanks.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Pulled the card and checked all pics on my PC and they are fine.

Links