DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X'ers from original Droids

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Maxx HD

X'ers from original Droids

Happy with the X or was the original Droid better? If you aren't happy is it because the Droid was rooted? I have an option to upgrade early and I like the larger screen of the X but I am quite pleased with the way my original is running right now. I am currently running Sapphire with 928Droids Black Glass. It seems like battery life issues keep coming up with the X. Any opinions are appreciated.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    I have the original droid and decided not to upgrade because of the lack of custom roms, battery life problems, and crapblur. Also seeing that the x will come to its end of life status in march of next year. So if the x will be phased out that soon, we will see even better phones shortly after
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Twitter
    scrub175
    Phone
    OG D, DX, TB and iPad 2
    Initially I was very pleased with the transition. Going back to the OG droid is work now as the screen is so grossly undersized. (I exaggerate a lil) I do appreciate the screen size difference much more now than having just owned the OG droid. I don't need the crutch of a physical keyboard anymore either so I'm good.

Now for Rooting and ROMs. I was hurtin after the first few days. I needed a sapphire fix. I had just flashed to sapphire a few days before I got the X. Was having great speed and battery life on sapphire. before that was bugless. Anyway the lack of tweaks and mods was killing me. I held off rooting the X until froyo was ready and released. I think I've had my fix for hacks now. As with the OG, there came a time where I didn't care about who's latest and greatest ROM. I wanted stability and speed so I settled down.

I'm employing the same concept with the X. I am completely satisfied with the froyo flash and what root functions/recovery functions that are currently available. My next major leap will be for a modded leak of froyo, froyo official release with root intact, or gingerbread whatever. I think I can hold off. Please sapphire folks work on an X version of sapphire.

I can certainly say this... I was intently following the Droid Pro thread scheming a way to get one of them coming from the X. Now not so much. I'm gonna stick with the X until there is a bigger jump in specs for the next phones, and LTE.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Battery life on the X is better than the Droid....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    ^I heard that it was the same as the original droid
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleaddict View Post
    ^I heard that it was the same as the original droid
    Had the Droid for 9 months.....

X outlasts it....Hands Down.

Also....http://blog.laptopmag.com/android-ba...handsets-trail
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My battery life is much better on the X than on my original droid. I too miss the custom roms, but it is just as fast with the leaked froyo, plus the blur light is actually nice. Some of it is just ok, but overall the interface is nice and unlike others, I like the launcher. Both are nice phones, but the large screen is much nicer for my old eyes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. warp
    The D1 was a good phone for the time I had it but the X is just much better. Screen size, speed, fluidity, memory, everything... I'm completely satisfied with my X whereas I wasn't with the D1 because of the lack of memory, slider, choppiness, headphone jack issue, narrow touchscreen.
    Last edited by warp; 08-25-2010 at 05:36 PM.
  10. scf
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Moto Droido Xo
    Had the D1. Now have the DX.

D1 who?

The diehard droiders will slobber on their D1s, and try to convince you that the DX is no where NEAR as customizable. And truth is, it's probably not. HOWEVER, for the casual user, it's the winnah, hands down.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have been more than a casual user, but I still love the x. Everything works better and another.i will miss some of the early releases and ports, but as nice as this is, I can deal with it. I am running the froyo leak and the only bug I have found is in the battety settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links