DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought the extended battery...BATTERY LIFE STILL NO GOOD

Member #
    Phone
    droid x

Bought the extended battery...BATTERY LIFE STILL NO GOOD

The title says it all. I got the extended battery and it worked great the first two days...now im noticing that its performance has declined. If i may simply explain, with the stock battery i would charge my phone overnight, wake up and go to work and the battery would be at about 20 to 30% by 1pm (i would unplug at about 730 am every day). Then i got the extended battery and it was lasting almost 12 hours. Now its back to dying aroud 1pm again after unplugging at 730 am. I have tried everything on the forums here, LITERALY, except a factory reset. I do run alot of widgets and use the web and text messaging alot but that's why i BOUGHT this phone. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point? I need to know if this is abnormal because its quite frustrating.

By the way, i always have gps, blutooth and wifi toggled off.
    Last edited by outkastragtop; 08-24-2010 at 10:20 AM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    You've mostly worked around the droid x no sleep bug by turning off gps and wifi when not in use but that's not enough. You can actually turn those back on and do this:
    phone settings > location & security > use wireless network > UNCHECK

...theoretically. If that doesn't seem to work for you then here's what I've seen that seems to work:
    -turn off GPS when done using
    -turn off WIFI when done using
    -reboot after charging
    ...all of this stuff shouldn't be necessary so hopefully the update will fix it.

The update should fix all that, by the way. You'll be able to turn them back on.

In addition, you might want to update PRLs by dialing *228 if your cell standby is high.

If all that is done, you still might have an app/widget/live wallpaper that's using your juice. For example, people were having a problem where the facebook app was having trouble syncing all of their contacts so it ran down the battery. To figure out what's using your battery, you can dial *#*#4636#*#*
    Last edited by aminaked; 08-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I have done *228 to update and also to activate phone. I need to see what is killing the battery. It may be the syncing of all these acounts so i will try that. I appreciate the response.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Theres definitiely something up with this damn phone. I went from 100 to 20% in 5 hours of moderate use with the extended battery. No wifi, no GPS. 1 phone call and messages being sent via GTalk pretty frequently.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I feel your pain here I am very close to buying an extended battery myself, but I do get about 12 hours a day with the regular battery and I guess thats good for a smartphone?

I really was hoping that it just wouldn't drain so damn fast...maybe i'm just too used to my old phone since it wasn't a smartphone....but this battery thing is def frustrating as all hell....what are we to do if we can't even use the phone for it's purposes??

and in turn, will this update bring miracles to the battery life or what....i am banking everything on this stupid update right now....
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X 2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by outkastragtop View Post

By the way, i always have gps, blutooth and wifi toggled off.
    How about your LCD brightness?

Also, if you look at your battery usage statistics once you've got 20% battery left, what does it show?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR HD
    Low to non-existent 3G signal is eating my battery I think. I just reported it to VZW today. Their map showed my neighborhood covered by their 3G signal but the CS said there could be a dead spot at or around my home.
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I always have my phone set to battery saver mode so the brightness is on auto. As for usage...display is currently at 86% and im at 20% battery. The display is always around that high.

I too am hoping that froyo fixes my battery problem but im not even sure where those rumors started.

And regarding the poster above who states that he gets 12 hours on his STANDARD battery, well i would kill for that even on my extended. What sucks most is that the first day i had the extended it did last over 12 hours but now its back to what i previously described. Im at a loss.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X 2.2
    I get 32 hours on my extended, about 23 on my standard. Running 2.2 leak. I did a full wipe before loading 2.2, as my attempt to "upgrade" made the phone unbelievably laggy.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Also getting no better battery life on my extended battery, maybe just a smidge some days. Every day is different but for the most part it's still horrible.

Most people and myself have tried everything, so don't even bother suggesting the usual to us, it's been done. Don't know what else to do.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Links