DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mic (w/ wired headphones) doesn't work with Droid X

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Mic (w/ wired headphones) doesn't work with Droid X

After researching my options for the best sounding earbuds with an inline mic, I decided to order the Shure SE115m+ and they arrived today. I immediately plugged them into my X, and the music sounds great.

The headphones were designed for an iPhone, so I wasn't surprised that the three buttons don't work correctly. After some searching it seems like the DroidShuffle app may help me, but my BIG problem is that the Droid X does not recognize the headphones' microphone....when I speak NOTHING!

Since they are new, I tested the headphones with my old BlackBerry, and they recorded voicenotes as designed, so the problem is somewhere in the Droid X Hardware, the Android software, or my personal settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mic (w/ wired headphones) doesn't work with Droid X-prod_img_se115mplus_l.jpg  

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Any ideas out there? Are any of you able to use wired headphones with an inline mic on the Droid X successfully?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I had a set of Shure headphones that I added the Shure stand alone mic too. The Mic worked but the button didn't. I restored my phone to factory settings and the button started working to answer the phone (if you pushed and held the button). If you hit the button when you were not on the phone it would go to voice control. I could not pause the music like I could on my iPhone, which really sucks.
    The cord on my Shure mic got damaged so I ordered the Shure SE115+ headphones to replace it. I knew the buttons wouldn't work right but I never figured the mic wouldn't work.
    I bought them because some people said apple headphones worked, plus I have other apple products I can use them on. Unfortunately the mic doesn't work and I don't know what to do next. I'm hoping the froyo update address it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wsbsteven
    Phone
    Bionic, Xoom
    My Blackberry headphones with mic work just fine.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the reply Sharp...was hoping someone would take notice!

Actually I had some free time this past weekend, so I took my DX and Shure SE115m+ to the Verizon store for some scientific testing. They had previously worked on my BlackBerry, so I know that they are not defective....

Sure enough they work great on the dumb phones, Blackberry's, and even the Droid Incredible! I wasn't able to try a Droid-2, but I did check on the display Droid X and no love for my headphones

I talked to the Tech Support rep (it's a flier I know) and he brought out some test headphones with an inline mic (cheap Verizon model), and they worked as advertised on my Droid X!

Therefore there is some Droid X <-> Shure SE115m+ bug out there...and apparently we were the first ones to take notice! Verizon said that they can't do anything to help me, and I don't know whether I would have success with either Motorola or Shure....any ideas?

I don't want to return the headset because they sound great, but kinda stuck right now.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Anymore luck with this answer? I have a Motorola Droid and have recently gotten the Shure SE115m+ headset. I love the headset with my itouch, but I get nothing with my Droid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The headset works with my wife's blackberry.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    I bougt a set from Verizon store,Stereo Headset(earbud type) w/In-Line microphone and it works great ,sound wonderful on DX. say's universal at bottom of box and cosy $29.99
  9. Bang Bang
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    juicemane_
    Phone
    G Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I have a set of Skullcandy Asym Iphone buds that work perfect. Its a single button inline with a volume toggle/mic. Button works fine, if I hold it down it changes the track, if I press and release it, it brings up the voice cmd prompt and works.

| AOKP Rom | Imo Lean Kernel | Seidio Active |

| Like my work? Donate | | Need me? Twitter |
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    No update here...mine still doesn't work. Verizon told me to call Motorola, Motorola told me to call Shure, and Shure told me to call Verizon...

Don't want to trade the headphones for the cheapo ones but don't really know what else to do at this point. Let me know if you figure out a solution please!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    I have a set that came with my Blackberry Bold that I just got for work, and tried them yesterday. They worked fine. My Motorola Stereo Bluetooth Headset works great too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links