DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Multiple google accounts?

  1. Junior Droid
    EntityZero's Avatar
    Member #
    96785
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Multiple google accounts?

    Im having a slight problem with my droid X. When I initially got the X, I used my myemail@ashland.edu (its a gmail based email) to setup my phone. However now I noticed I have 2 gmails accounts on my phone, one being the original @ashland.edu email, and another being an actual @gmail.com email. When I purchase anything through the phone, it will only go through the gmail address. Is there any way to remove the gmail and just use the ashland one? Or does it HAVE to be a true @gmail.com email in order to do anything with the phone.
  2. Junior Droid
    kenhunt's Avatar
    Member #
    97543
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Droid X and Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by EntityZero View Post
    Im having a slight problem with my droid X. When I initially got the X, I used my myemail@ashland.edu (its a gmail based email) to setup my phone. However now I noticed I have 2 gmails accounts on my phone, one being the original @ashland.edu email, and another being an actual @gmail.com email. When I purchase anything through the phone, it will only go through the gmail address. Is there any way to remove the gmail and just use the ashland one? Or does it HAVE to be a true @gmail.com email in order to do anything with the phone.
    Can you just go to Settings>Accounts then long press on the one and remove it? Is that Ashland as in Ashland, Ohio?
  3. Junior Droid
    EntityZero's Avatar
    Member #
    96785
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhunt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EntityZero View Post
    Im having a slight problem with my droid X. When I initially got the X, I used my myemail@ashland.edu (its a gmail based email) to setup my phone. However now I noticed I have 2 gmails accounts on my phone, one being the original @ashland.edu email, and another being an actual @gmail.com email. When I purchase anything through the phone, it will only go through the gmail address. Is there any way to remove the gmail and just use the ashland one? Or does it HAVE to be a true @gmail.com email in order to do anything with the phone.
    Can you just go to Settings>Accounts then long press on the one and remove it? Is that Ashland as in Ashland, Ohio?
    Says its used in certain apps and cannot be removed without a factory reset. And yeah, Ashland as in Ashland Ohio. I go to Ashland University.
  4. Master Droid
    JayMonster's Avatar
    Member #
    10787
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    776
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #4
    Unless something changed that I have not heard about, you MUST have a gmail account with any Android phone, it (and things like Google Checkout for purchasing apps) does not support Google Apps accounts.
  5. Junior Droid
    kenhunt's Avatar
    Member #
    97543
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Droid X and Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EntityZero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhunt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EntityZero View Post
    Im having a slight problem with my droid X. When I initially got the X, I used my myemail@ashland.edu (its a gmail based email) to setup my phone. However now I noticed I have 2 gmails accounts on my phone, one being the original @ashland.edu email, and another being an actual @gmail.com email. When I purchase anything through the phone, it will only go through the gmail address. Is there any way to remove the gmail and just use the ashland one? Or does it HAVE to be a true @gmail.com email in order to do anything with the phone.
    Can you just go to Settings>Accounts then long press on the one and remove it? Is that Ashland as in Ashland, Ohio?
    Says its used in certain apps and cannot be removed without a factory reset. And yeah, Ashland as in Ashland Ohio. I go to Ashland University.

    Damn well that sucks (the phone part) and I grew up just outside of Ashland (Hayesville), live in Lexington now so don't visit those parts too much anymore (not sure if thats a good or bad thing!)

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Multiple email accounts
    By ruggybear in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 06:48 AM
  2. View Multiple Calendars from Multiple Accounts?
    By kevdog in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
  3. using Gtalk with multiple accounts
    By seang in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
  4. Can the Google voice app support multiple accounts?
    By bdbull in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
  5. Multiple Facebook accounts
    By homemadehitshow in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:45 AM

Search tags for this page

configure multilple gtalk account in android samsung

,
droid 2 google accounts 1 email
,
droid 2 multiple google accounts
,
droid x two google accounts
,
google talk on android multiple emails
,
how many google accounts can be on droid x
,
how to set up multiple gtalk account in android
,
howto setup multiple google talk accounts on droid
,
multiple google accounts droid
,

xoom multiple google accounts

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+