DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Yea another thread on the availability of the X... (sorry!)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Yea another thread on the availability of the X... (sorry!)

So here is the deal. I order the X on the 5th of August. Verizon charges my credit card on the 9th of August. I call Verizon because I was like, that was pretty quick and they are telling me they do not expect it to ship until the 23rd.

So my question to you guys... those that ordered over the phone. Is it normal for Verizon to charge your card 4 days after you purchase even though they are not supposed to ship for a week + ?

I am kinda upset to be honest. I would be charged a late charge if I was to pay late. I mean if the situation was reversed I am sure Verizon would be finding a way to charge me something for holding onto money...

Am I out of line on this?
  2. Bang Bang
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    juicemane_
    Phone
    G Nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravius View Post
    So here is the deal. I order the X on the 5th of August. Verizon charges my credit card on the 9th of August. I call Verizon because I was like, that was pretty quick and they are telling me they do not expect it to ship until the 23rd.

So my question to you guys... those that ordered over the phone. Is it normal for Verizon to charge your card 4 days after you purchase even though they are not supposed to ship for a week + ?

I am kinda upset to be honest. I would be charged a late charge if I was to pay late. I mean if the situation was reversed I am sure Verizon would be finding a way to charge me something for holding onto money...

I ordered on the 2nd, they charged me on the 3rd, didn't get the phone until the 9th or 10th I believe... So yes, it is normal for them to do that. Also, they might have charged you sooner, but your bank didn't release the funds immediately. Oh, you'll get it before the 23rd, don't worry!

| AOKP Rom | Imo Lean Kernel | Seidio Active |

| Like my work? Donate | | Need me? Twitter |
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicemane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravius View Post

I ordered on the 2nd, they charged me on the 3rd, didn't get the phone until the 9th or 10th I believe... So yes, it is normal for them to do that. Also, they might have charged you sooner, but your bank didn't release the funds immediately. Oh, you'll get it before the 23rd, don't worry!
    Thanks for the reassurance. I don't want to seem impatient, I am without a doubt excited to get the phone but the deal is I put the phone on my credit card. I try very hard to avoid interest on my credit card so I plan and budget as much as I can. I put the phone on the credit card thinking they will bill me next statement period which at the time was only a couple days away.

Well it did not make it and I may have went over budget because of this, I do not want to seem like a prude but I have never seen another company bill something before they even have it shipped out.

Just kinda seems crappy to me.. they would without a doubt bill you and not hesitate if you are like a day late on your payment a late charge but they expect us to just bend over... I guess it's just principle.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It's the way they do business unfortunately.

I ordered online on the 21st and they charged my card immediately. I didn't receive the phone for 8 or 9 days.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    It is like this because we actually bought the phone, this is not a pre-order or anything. We are not reserving a spot in line or putting a down payment. My card was charged immediately (online) but the funds didnt release until a couple days later.

Be thankful this is how it worked rather than the way Lenovo works. You buy a Lenovo laptop, card is charged but then the funds never release. Fast forward 5-6 weeks and you are confused as to why someone just took $900 from your account.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Just got this response. Similar situation to you.

"We apologize for the confusion regarding the order shipment dates. This order is for a the Motorola Droid X which is currently on backorder. Normally, payment is not taken until the items are shipped. In this case, in order to secure your device on the date that you ordered it, the payment processes. This is due to the backorder which is at a first come first service basis. In this case, payment is required secure your device purchase date. For the Droid X, Orders where payment was taken on 8/11 will ship by 8/26.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by bgillyjcu View Post
    Just got this response. Similar situation to you.

"We apologize for the confusion regarding the order shipment dates. This order is for a the Motorola Droid X which is currently on backorder. Normally, payment is not taken until the items are shipped. In this case, in order to secure your device on the date that you ordered it, the payment processes. This is due to the backorder which is at a first come first service basis. In this case, payment is required secure your device purchase date. For the Droid X, Orders where payment was taken on 8/11 will ship by 8/26.

That kind of makes sense to me a little more than what any of the verizon reps were telling me today. I just wish I could charge them interest for using my money!!!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Agreed...but I'd let there interest charges slide if I could just get a freaking email with a tracking number.

Links