DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Weird Issue!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x

Weird Issue!

Just got my Dx today and I'm really excited. This is really really weird. I can not make a phone call out of my home even though I have full 3g bars before I make a phone call. As soon as I hit the call button, the bars completely disappear and I cannot make a phone call. Same thing occurs if I'm using wifi for data instead of 3g. Full bars and then as soon as I hit that call button.. "NOTHING!" Data works amazing in the home. Anyone that could help me out that would be great.

p.s. It works everywhere in the area but my home.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by g1tox View Post
    Just got my Dx today and I'm really excited. This is really really weird. I can not make a phone call out of my home even though I have full 3g bars before I make a phone call. As soon as I hit the call button, the bars completely disappear and I cannot make a phone call. Same thing occurs if I'm using wifi for data instead of 3g. Full bars and then as soon as I hit that call button.. "NOTHING!" Data works amazing in the home. Anyone that could help me out that would be great.

Since 3g nor wifi are required to make phone calls, you need to go another route. Did you have Verizon service before that worked in your house?

Is it possible that the activation was not completed? You could call from as close to your house as possible to *22891 and let the phone update the PRL. That may help.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g1tox View Post

Since 3g nor wifi are required to make phone calls, you need to go another route. Did you have Verizon service before that worked in your house?

Is it possible that the activation was not completed? You could call from as close to your house as possible to *22891 and let the phone update the PRL. That may help.
    I have tried the *228 1, *228 2, but not the *22891 yet, i'll try that and see if it works. I ported over from t-mobile today and the number is ported and i can make calls showing up on caller id from my friends and receive from everywhere but here.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidx
    I have the exact same issue well sort of. I live on what is considered a fringe area. I get pretty good service but I noticed my dx and lg dare do the same thing.
    I look and have full signal soon as I hit send to make a call it drops to one or two bars. I can always make a call but the signal does drop and sometimes I have to walk out on the porch to keep the can you hear me now statements from starting.

Now I ass+u+me and this is just a theory that when my phone is idle not much power is being consumed but as soon as I make a call voltage is divided to the call button pushing connection the service ect ect ect which provides less voltage for the signal.

I bet it happens to alot of users but no one ever really pays attn to it unless they start dropping calls

OMG 2nd edit i gotta come to the forums before beer thirty instead of after
    Last edited by cinobyte; 08-11-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Links