DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: SBF File?

  1. Senior Droid
    Garandhero's Avatar
    Member #
    90656
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    168
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    SBF File?

    Alright so theres a new sticky saying links to SBF file is a bad thing..

    Firstly what is an SBF file
    Secondly why is it taboo?

    Thanks!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    wtherrell's Avatar
    Member #
    94700
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #2

    SBF System Boot File

    System Boot File
    Mess with it the wrong way and guess what? System may no longer boot.
  4. Master Droid
    kennydied23's Avatar
    Member #
    49522
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    596
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    DroidBionicFan
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #3
    They can't be posted because they don't want to receive a C&D letter.
    Droid Bionic 247 ICS leak
    Tweaked up with Pimp My Rom Mod
  5. Droid
    wtherrell's Avatar
    Member #
    94700
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kennydied23 View Post
    They can't be posted because they don't want to receive a C&D letter.
    Yeah! And that, too.
  6. Super Moderator
    Vulcan1600's Avatar
    Member #
    7183
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,569
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Yes, DF will not host the SBF file and anyone trying to post a link will be dealt with. Infraction and bannings will be issued.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

  7. Junior Droid
    50calal's Avatar
    Member #
    98428
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    Thanks, was wondering what SBF was too, sorry Android newb.
  8. Droid
    Droiduga's Avatar
    Member #
    90676
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texan in Illinois for job only
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    #7
    I was wondering as well. Maybe the sticky could add the explanation and save us the search?
  9. Master Droid
    kennydied23's Avatar
    Member #
    49522
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    596
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    DroidBionicFan
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #8
    Here's the explanation:
    Droid X SBF Has To Come Down...
    Droid Bionic 247 ICS leak
    Tweaked up with Pimp My Rom Mod
  10. Junior Droid
    Smackbox.org's Avatar
    Member #
    43936
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Linuxville
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kennydied23 View Post
    Here's the explanation:
    Droid X SBF Has To Come Down...
    OK I understand about DroidForums not wanting to be affiliated with hosting or linking to any files because Motorola might get mad at them, but what I don't understand is Motorola not realizing that if "we" the Android community did not use the SBF or other files, we would not get as far as we do with the custom rom process. Which is one of the reason that their phones are so popular and have plenty of websites,forums, and videos about their phones.

    Instead of waisting time sending letters that hardly stand a legal ground, they can just put a nice big webpage explaining the void of warranty process, which is already in place! Our phones, we bought them and we should be able to do what we want with them! Jees "we" make "you" (Motorola) RICH!!!

    Just my $.02
    Currently running 5 Ubuntu machines, 2 Android Phones and 2 Linux Devices. I am always looking for more Linux!
  11. Droid
    Akita's Avatar
    Member #
    94907
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    43
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackbox.org View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennydied23 View Post
    Here's the explanation:
    Droid X SBF Has To Come Down...
    OK I understand about DroidForums not wanting to be affiliated with hosting or linking to any files because Motorola might get mad at them, but what I don't understand is Motorola not realizing that if "we" the Android community did not use the SBF or other files, we would not get as far as we do with the custom rom process. Which is one of the reason that their phones are so popular and have plenty of websites,forums, and videos about their phones.

    Instead of waisting time sending letters that hardly stand a legal ground, they can just put a nice big webpage explaining the void of warranty process, which is already in place! Our phones, we bought them and we should be able to do what we want with them! Jees "we" make "you" (Motorola) RICH!!!

    Just my $.02
    Motorola doesn't care. If they did, they wouldn't have made it as difficult to pull off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2.1 SBF file?
    By Googleaddict in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. Astro File Manager vs Linda File Manager
    By hookbill in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. rar file
    By zhash4821 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 09:12 PM
  4. Which XML file?
    By czerdrill in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:01 PM
  5. 2.1 file
    By mglasson in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Search tags for this page

android sbf

,

sbf

,

sbf android

,

sbf file

,
sbf files
,
what is an sbf
,
what is an sbf file
,

what is sbf

,

what is sbf android

,
what is sbf file
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+