In Eclipse 3.5 when I go to Android Device Chooser and I click the radio button Choose a running Android device nothing appears in the following rows.
First you should know I have seen almost every forum out there and the steps just do not work and I do not know why.
I just get a Droid X and can not install the USB Drivers. I verified that in the USB_Driver directory in my Android_SDK_Windows folder that I have the correct various files and folders that match the ADBDriver_v3_Google.zip files and folders. When I follow the instructions from the Android Developers document for USB Drivers for Windows it doesn't work. The steps are:
Windows XP: Perform a fresh installation
To install the Android USB driver on Windows XP for the first time:
The steps work until step 4. From the folder USB_Driver when I click OK the driver is not found. If I click the folders below that i386 and AMD64 the OK grays out.
- Connect your Android-powered device to your computer's USB port. Windows will detect the device and launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
- Select "Install from a list or specific location" and click "Next."
- Select "Search for the best driver in these locations"; un-check "Search removable media"; and check "Include this location in the search."
- Click "Browse..." and locate the folder where you copied the installation package.
- Click "Next" to install the driver
Is there something I am doing wrong? How can I load this driver using a CMD line? Everything else seems to be working OK. I am using SDK 2.1 and Eclipse 3.5. Until I figure this out I can not connect my Droid X to test my application. I can only use the emulator. I am a newbie.
Also, I can see in the Android SDK and AVD Manager that the Usb Driver package, revision 3 is installed. But when I type ADB Devices in a command prompt, I get "List of devices attached" with nothing following. Obviously something is not right.
Thanks for your help in advance.