DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora Audio quality poor compared to Blackberry

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Pandora Audio quality poor compared to Blackberry

Hey guys,

I ran some tests today with pandora. My wife has a new blackberry bold. I tested the quality with the 3.5 jack through her ford escape, which has built in line in.

Result; The droid x sucks, its very tinney sounding and staticky. The blackberry sounds like CD quality

Fyi - I do have the high quality sound turned on in the pandora settings.

Fyi2 - my iphone sucked on my pioneer nav head unit on both bluetooth and cable. Yet my wifes blackberry sounds like CD quality over bluetooth.

What do you guys think? Is it possible that blackberry had that much better audio quality? Seems strange that both my droid and iphone fail in comparison to the blackberry.

P.S. My wife, who is not music savvy at all, noticed the major difference in sound.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Boy this is scary...Ive had a blackberry for ever and my pandora is great. I jsut wanted to change. I hope im happy with this Droid X... I should have it by the 25th....
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Just wait for Froyo. It gets worse. On 2.1 it was perfect on the OG Droid. Now I can't stand to listen to it. It sounds like it is under water, even when the audio quality is set to high on Pandora's settings.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by dwagner88 View Post
    Just wait for Froyo. It gets worse. On 2.1 it was perfect on the OG Droid. Now I can't stand to listen to it. It sounds like it is under water, even when the audio quality is set to high on Pandora's settings.
    I will throw something out there, my iphone pandora sounded better through bluetooth than the cable. I used to question that the iphone paused better neutral sound through bluetooth than the jack. I only thought this because volume wasnt controllable on bluetooth, but the volume did effect with the cable. Crazy stuff...will be interested see to how windows phone 7 does being so zune heavy.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X (Not yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    Boy this is scary...Ive had a blackberry for ever and my pandora is great. I jsut wanted to change. I hope im happy with this Droid X... I should have it by the 25th....
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm getting the Droid X by the 25th. I regularly use Pandora.

How bad is Pandora's quality?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Pandora quality is good on 2.1. Droidx is shipping with 2.1. It screwed up in 2.2 due to a bug.

google just fixed the issue.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I had that same problem with my nexus one. Once I upgraded to 2.2 the sound quality of pandora went right down the tube.

I really hope that doesn't happen on the X since it's nice being able to listed to pandora again.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    The Official OTA 2.2 has a fix for the streaming issues of pandora, sirius, ect....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Cool droid x pandora

" Pandora quality is good on 2.1. Droidx is shipping with 2.1. It screwed up in 2.2 due to a bug.

google just fixed the issue" droiddadi said

That makes me feel better. I hate change but my blackberry was getting boring....Most of what you hear on this forum is Bi....ng about Droid. I hope its not that bad. There are tons of people trying to buy this phone. Something has to be good about it to cause people to sramble to purchase it. Even sales people at the Verizon Stores are buying it.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by odell View Post
    " Pandora quality is good on 2.1. Droidx is shipping with 2.1. It screwed up in 2.2 due to a bug.

google just fixed the issue" droiddadi said

That makes me feel better. I hate change but my blackberry was getting boring....Most of what you hear on this forum is Bi....ng about Droid. I hope its not that bad. There are tons of people trying to buy this phone. Something has to be good about it to cause people to sramble to purchase it. Even sales people at the Verizon Stores are buying it.
    Thats because the people who like it don't post "i love it". It's like a restaurant manager hears more complaints than praise even at a successful establishment. Does the X have some bugs? Of course. Is the phone outstanding and live up to the hype? Mostly*.

*I believe when 2.2 is released I will change my answer to Completely.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links