So I've had my DX for 3 weeks...
And I'm thinking of going back to my Blackberry Curve unless you guys can help me solve some issues.
1. Facebook. My phone downloaded all my Facebook contacts, so that when I go to text or make a call, I see 200 names that I dont want on my phone. The only way to get around this that I've discovered is to eliminiate Facebook on the phone. I've tried to delete individual names that I don't want but I get a message that says I have to delete them from my Facebook acct.
2. No good way to set the phone to vibrate. On my BB, if it was in the holster, it would vibrate. If it wasn't it would ring. You have to jump through a bunch of hoops to turn the vibrate on and off on this phone and even then it doesn't vibrate for a text.
3. This phone is SLOW. I'm told it's due to the apps but I've only downloaded a handfull and hardly use them. Is there an easy way to see which apps are running and turn them off?
4. I seem to receive text messages between 1-3 times. In other words, if I get a text, it often comes through multiple times. ANNOYING. Plus if I try to delete them, it takes FOREVER. I was showing my friend this and she couldn't believe how slow this phone was.
5. Battery life is abysmal. But you all knew that.
6. Surfing the web. If you go to a website say espn or facebook as examples, it doesn't take you to the full site. You go to some miniversion that doesn't give me the info that I want.
7. Keyboard. Sometimes swype seems to work well, sometimes not. If I text something and a word is wrong, it is very hard to go back to change the word. What I do know is that this keyboard is a PITA compared to a BB.
8. Unless you want to do a lot of multimedia on this phone, it isn't that good. Oddly enough, the phone's biggest weaknesses are as a phone and texting device. There seem to be too many menus to have to go through, the phone is large if you're going to be holding it to your ear to talk, and it isn't as easy to text with as a BB.
Is there any way to solve these problems or should I just go back to my BB?