DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Calendar Issue with invitations

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Unhappy Calendar Issue with invitations

I have searched and searched but to no avail, so if this is already answered somewhere I'm sorry for the redundancy.

I use the native Droid Calendar to not only schedule meetings but also to record activities that I've completed so that they will sync back with my home system wirelessly. The problem is that I often put information in the event description that I don't want to go out to whom I am meeting with.

Unfortunately that means that I have to make sure that a meeting request does NOT get emailed out or this info is exposed. Is there a way to prevent meeting invites from being emailed out automatically.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenSpinner View Post
    I have searched and searched but to no avail, so if this is already answered somewhere I'm sorry for the redundancy.

I use the native Droid Calendar to not only schedule meetings but also to record activities that I've completed so that they will sync back with my home system wirelessly. The problem is that I often put information in the event description that I don't want to go out to whom I am meeting with.

Unfortunately that means that I have to make sure that a meeting request does NOT get emailed out or this info is exposed. Is there a way to prevent meeting invites from being emailed out automatically.
    good question. another potential issue (that I have had) is accidentally entering somebody in the required field for an event that has nothing to do with them.

I would like to prevent this field from showing at all, or at least get a warning "are you sure" before emailing/inviting somebody.

Has anybody heard if the calendar app on this phone will improve with android 2.2? Allowing more customization, better views, and more privacy?

What I would really like to see are 2 seperate types of calendar events (like in Outlook) where you have to specifically create a meeting in order to invite someone, otherwise the appt just shows up on your calendar, and you dont have to worry about accidentally inviting somebody, and the invite somebody field does not even exist.

I would also like to use memo's, to create notes, that would also be private, but synced to google.
    Last edited by wmscottmc; 08-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    i found that if you go into settings...accounts...and your google mail account and sync the email and the calendar that it will then send the notification..but that seems like a lame way to do it...but its what works right now

Links