DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I use droid X at sprint or another carrier?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Question Can I use droid X at sprint or another carrier?

Hello.

I'll purchase droid x, but I use droid x another carrier. ex)sprint or metro pcs?
    (I think, droid x use at CDMA 800mhz only support Rev.0, If Not support rev.A)

I'll buy droid x phone only.(No cotract with verizon, because my home only catch sprint signal )

Is it possble?

If impossible, what is problem?
    Verizon CDMA use lock solution?
    Last edited by webcenter; 08-04-2010 at 06:16 AM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by webcenter View Post
    Hello.

I'll purchase droid x, but I use droid x another carrier. ex)sprint or metro pcs?
    (I think, droid x use at CDMA 800mhz only support Rev.0, If Not support rev.A)

I'll buy droid x phone only.(No cotract with verizon, because my home only catch sprint signal )

Is it possble?

If impossible, what is problem?
    Verizon CDMA use lock solution?
    Yes, you would have to change the DUN, MIP, SIP, PRL then in the programming set the roaming preference to B. You would have to use a program like QPST to flash it since the RSD does not have the MAtrix files to support it yet that i know of. I'm 100 percent you could get it to make calls, about 50% for data. Droidx uses EVDO rev. A. leave it on that, you could change it, but i wouldnt.

Verizon doesnt really lock it down, its more on sprints side whether or not they can activate it as a data device. Hopefully the esn is in their matrix, if they can activate it to a plan, that would be half the battle.
    Last edited by vzwtek; 08-04-2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: forgot one other detail
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtek View Post
    Yes, you would have to change the DUN, MIP, SIP, PRL then in the programming set the roaming preference to B. You would have to use a program like QPST to flash it since the RSD does not have the MAtrix files to support it yet that i know of. I'm 100 percent you could get it to make calls, about 50% for data. Droidx uses EVDO rev. A. leave it on that, you could change it, but i wouldnt.

Verizon doesnt really lock it down, its more on sprints side whether or not they can activate it as a data device. Hopefully the esn is in their matrix, if they can activate it to a plan, that would be half the battle.
    Thanks for your answer.
    I have two questions
    1)
    if i use a web surfing make a data connection using EVDO Rev.a
    if i make ca call, using EVDO Rev.0
    isn't it?

2) if i change romaing info value(DUN, MIP, SIP, PRL,etc....),
    only change RSD matrix file using QPST?
    I think, using custom droidx ROM instead of original droidx ROM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by webcenter View Post

Thanks for your answer.
    I have two questions
    1)
    if i use a web surfing make a data connection using EVDO Rev.a
    if i make ca call, using EVDO Rev.0
    isn't it?

2) if i change romaing info value(DUN, MIP, SIP, PRL,etc....),
    only change RSD matrix file using QPST?
    I think, using custom droidx ROM instead of original droidx ROM.
    Matrix files are attached to the Motorola RSD, they use them to tell the software what to do with the phone when you are changing Values.

Qpst is an application that is like RSD, just can be used Universally to edit the information.

You will use 1xrtt to make and recieve calls, EVDO-rev 0/A control the data.

You dont need any special roms, because you will be editing the Radio table with this, not the software really.

You got 30 days with a 35 dollar restock fee if you want to try it. All you will be out is 35 bucks if it doesn work.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Just a quick reply, as this is off topic, but I am trying to do something similar with the original Droid on Verizon running Android 2.2. You inspired me in investigate CDMA Workshop and qpst, both new to me. However, I am in somewhat of a unique situation. A local CDMA carrier has give me "everything I should need" to get my Droid working on their network. This includes the following files:

A854-MIP.mip
    A854-SEC.sec
    A854-FEATURE.ftr
    A854-NAM.nam
    83110evdo.prl
    A854-RTT.trd
    A854-EVDO.edo

71910_1X.prl
    83110-evdo.prl
    idut.prl
    "The 71910 PRL is for phones that are not EV-DO capable, but will allow the phone to roam nationwide. All non-3G phones will use this PRL except for the non-contract phones that purchase the ID/UT roaming package which requires the idut.prl.The 83110 is for EV-DO capable phones for those markets that have EV-DO. "

My phone is unlocked. Can you point me in the right direction as what to do next?

Thanks,

vasuki
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sweet, did they give you any of the dun information for their network? all they gotta do is activate your sn to a new account on their network, then all you have to do is load that prl to the phone, i would probably use qpst, its a little easier, unless you got the full blown rsd, then you can even do it there. Then once you load it, you should be able to manually program it with the min and mdn that they give you, and then it should work, tell me how you come out, and I could give you some more specific help.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Sweet, did they give you any of the dun information for their network? all they gotta do is activate your sn to a new account on their network, then all you have to do is load that prl to the phone, i would probably use qpst, its a little easier, unless you got the full blown rsd, then you can even do it there. Then once you load it, you should be able to manually program it with the min and mdn that they give you, and then it should work, tell me how you come out, and I could give you some more specific help.
    Thanks for getting back! I'm looking forward to getting this working. From what I've learned over the past few days qpst can be difficult to use, but I'm getting it installed now. Is there a resource you might recommend for learning more about terminology and working with qpst? What parameters will I need for the dun; phone number? server ip, port, etc? sn= screen name?, rsd = ?, mdn = ? min = ?, and the other file names?

Thanks!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by vasuki View Post
    Thanks for getting back! I'm looking forward to getting this working. From what I've learned over the past few days qpst can be difficult to use, but I'm getting it installed now. Is there a resource you might recommend for learning more about terminology and working with qpst? What parameters will I need for the dun; phone number? server ip, port, etc? sn= screen name?, rsd = ?, mdn = ? min = ?, and the other file names?

Thanks!
    MDN (Mobile directory number) or MTN (Mobile telephone number), this is your actual telephone number
    MIN: (Mobile Identification Number) Deals with the billing side, it is attached to your MDN. You will need both.
    I would need to know the carrier for server ip, port, and other carrier unique things like that.
    DUN (Dial up networking) this is important for the phone to have data, each carrier is different when it comes to the DUN username and passord. The other important item you will need to know is your SIP (session initiation Protocol) information.
    RSD is a tool from motorola for flashing phones. You can search for RSD lite.

For use of QPST, you have to know alot of what you are doing, but usually when you are looking to change a parameter. I would google it, but if you are looking for specific functions and cant find it, pm me.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Polymira
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    To be honest, with how small if a chance you have to get sprint to activate the phone, i'm wondering why not get an Evo instead?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymira View Post
    To be honest, with how small if a chance you have to get sprint to activate the phone, i'm wondering why not get an Evo instead?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    its not that small of a chance. You could potentially get any cdma phone to work with a different carrier.

How to flash HTC Droid Eris to Cricket with Talk, Text, Wap and MMS 5/3/2010 - xda-developers
    This is an example of flashing an eris to cricket.

And if the MEID is the issue, there are ways of changing that as well. although remember, its not legal to do in the united states.........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links