DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell me on the X vs. the EVO

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Sell me on the X vs. the EVO

Looking to get into the smartphone realm for a new side business and I want to use it in several ways. I'm a graphic artist by trade. I went and played with an EVO just a few minutes ago and really liked the way it felt and the UI. I know 2.2 is coming out, so I think that will be a wash. Didn't like the X UI as much. I'm looking at canceling my high-speed internet ($50), vonage ($30 and going 2 magic jack just to have it) and using the EVO or X as my hotspot for my internet. I'm not looking to be transferring 100 meg files. 4g will be in south florida where I live by december. Sprint will be $99/month unlimited everything except lan line calls, Verizon will be more like $130/month. For some reason I want the X over the EVO even though things point to the EVO for my uses. TIA

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Battery life is superior on the X
    Verizon 3G service is better than sprints 3G and 4G combined.
    That being said, I really like the EVO and would be more than thrilled to have that phone or the X.. So I personally would consider this a tuff one
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Verizon network alone makes the choice for me. My only decision was between the DI and the X. I chose X (and love it).
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK6PACK View Post
    Looking to get into the smartphone realm for a new side business and I want to use it in several ways. I'm a graphic artist by trade. I went and played with an EVO just a few minutes ago and really liked the way it felt and the UI. I know 2.2 is coming out, so I think that will be a wash. Didn't like the X UI as much. I'm looking at canceling my high-speed internet ($50), vonage ($30 and going 2 magic jack just to have it) and using the EVO or X as my hotspot for my internet. I'm not looking to be transferring 100 meg files. 4g will be in south florida where I live by december. Sprint will be $99/month unlimited everything except lan line calls, Verizon will be more like $130/month. For some reason I want the X over the EVO even though things point to the EVO for my uses. TIA
    The Evo is a great phone, No doubt about it! The biggest comparison however is going to be Verizon vs. Sprint. Alot of this comes down to location. Is your monthly Sprint figure including the $10 extra per month for "4G for the Evo" that I've heard about? Also, keep in mind that Verizon's 4G is going to start rolling out later this year as well. It isn't apples to apples either. Sprint uses WiMax for their 4G while Verizon will be using LTE instead. By the numbers, LTE SPANKS the other competition and also penetrates walls better than WiMax. Verizon's already existing 3G is beast in speed and coverage too! Though in South Florida, coverage shouldn't be an issue no matter who you choose.
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but I really want to try to get it right the 1st time. Verizon's network has me leaning that way, but the 4g is tempting as is the unlimited everything. Is 2.2 going to make the UI a wash? On top of that I have been reading the X will get quicker updates vs HTC taking longer.
  7. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Btw, welcome to Droid Forums!!!

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    If you plan on using it as your home internet connection PLEASE PLEASE go with the EVO + Sprint.

PLEASE.

Besides you'll be happy you did when the 4g shows up in your neighborhood a few months from now.
  9. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    I know I'm opening a can of worms here, but I really want to try to get it right the 1st time. Verizon's network has me leaning that way, but the 4g is tempting as is the unlimited everything. Is 2.2 going to make the UI a wash? On top of that I have been reading the X will get quicker updates vs HTC taking longer.
    Coverage is the first thing to consider and is most important. I learned this the hard way with Suncom. $50 for unlimited everything but, I couldn't use it everywhere so it defeated the purpose. Sprint having 4G kinda makes you wonder why Big Red is #1 and Sprint still trails even AT&T doesn't it?? Haha!

10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    I the unlimited everything. .
    Keep in mind that compaines are going to be doing away with the truly unlimited data here shortly so that should not be a part of your decision.
  11. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Also I had Sprint before I came to Verizon and would never go back to them no matter how much I saved a month.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links