DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I like them sideways

  1. Droid
    ccomengee86's Avatar
    Member #
    97638
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    DROID X
    #1

    I like them sideways

    Picked my DX up on July 15th around 8AM.
    I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to get one nationwide. lol
    So far I like the phone but it crashes from time to time especially the camcorder.
    I've used 6gigs of data since day 1 and tethering works nicely. (Yes, it's rooted)

    So few minutes ago my DX decided to reboot itself and upon rebooting I intentionally did something and it ended up like this. lol
    I'm a noob so I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this....

    I kind of like it, haha.

    here are some pics.



    Last edited by ccomengee86; 08-01-2010 at 11:30 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. RS/Moderator
    Abe21599's Avatar
    Member #
    18400
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    #2
    thats just landscape mode. and the reason the second pic looks different at teh bottom is because that appears when you switch screens
  4. Droid
    ccomengee86's Avatar
    Member #
    97638
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    DROID X
    #3
    yes I know that. I knew there was landscape mode but I couldnt get it to work. rotating the phone wouldn't do the trick.
  5. RS/Moderator
    Abe21599's Avatar
    Member #
    18400
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,334
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  6. Droid
    ccomengee86's Avatar
    Member #
    97638
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    DROID X
    #5
    it is checked.
    The entire screen/app/browser is rotated 90 CW. That is my main menu. When it was "normal" it didnt change to landscape mode either. Even my lock screen is rotated like that.
  7. Droid
    smokecombs's Avatar
    Member #
    91207
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    droid x
    #6
    WTH? He is right though, the home screens won't rotate to landscape mode, will they? I am trying and my custom Michael Jordan wallpaper stays stuck in the normal view. I don't think that the homescreens or wallpapers are designed to switch to landscape...are they? Something must be screwed up.
    Last edited by smokecombs; 08-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    avt123's Avatar
    Member #
    32467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by smokecombs View Post
    WTH? He is right though, the home screens won't rotate to landscape mode, will they? I am trying and my custom Michael Jordan wallpaper stays stuck in the normal view. I don't think that the homescreens or wallpapers are designed to switch to landscape...are they? Something must be screwed up.
    The stock homescreen will not rotate into landscape. Using homescreen replacements like LauncherPro will allow this.

    Switching your homescreen into landscape kills all Android widgets and you have to reload them when you go back into portrait. Also, widgets like Youtube will no longer work properly, and you will have to delete them, and then reapply them onto the screen (when back in portrait) to get full functionality out of them.
  9. Droid
    smokecombs's Avatar
    Member #
    91207
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    54
    Phone
    droid x
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smokecombs View Post
    WTH? He is right though, the home screens won't rotate to landscape mode, will they? I am trying and my custom Michael Jordan wallpaper stays stuck in the normal view. I don't think that the homescreens or wallpapers are designed to switch to landscape...are they? Something must be screwed up.
    The stock homescreen will not rotate into landscape. Using homescreen replacements like LauncherPro will allow this.

    Switching your homescreen into landscape kills all Android widgets and you have to reload them when you go back into portrait. Also, widgets like Youtube will no longer work properly, and you will have to delete them, and then reapply them onto the screen (when back in portrait) to get full functionality out of them.
    Ah, okay, that clears this up then. So I guess the original thread starter here must have LauncherPro or something? I just knew mine wouldn't go to landscape. Glad you told me that though, very helpful. I think I'll stick with stock myself.
  10. Master Droid
    avt123's Avatar
    Member #
    32467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smokecombs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smokecombs View Post
    WTH? He is right though, the home screens won't rotate to landscape mode, will they? I am trying and my custom Michael Jordan wallpaper stays stuck in the normal view. I don't think that the homescreens or wallpapers are designed to switch to landscape...are they? Something must be screwed up.
    The stock homescreen will not rotate into landscape. Using homescreen replacements like LauncherPro will allow this.

    Switching your homescreen into landscape kills all Android widgets and you have to reload them when you go back into portrait. Also, widgets like Youtube will no longer work properly, and you will have to delete them, and then reapply them onto the screen (when back in portrait) to get full functionality out of them.
    Ah, okay, that clears this up then. So I guess the original thread starter here must have LauncherPro or something? I just knew mine wouldn't go to landscape. Glad you told me that though, very helpful. I think I'll stick with stock myself.
    No it looks like they aren't using LauncherPro, and they are using stock. It must just be a bug. LauncherPro allows you to chose wether r not you want to use landscape or not. I personally use launcherpro because it is much more snappier than the stock Moto launcher.
  11. Droid
    ccomengee86's Avatar
    Member #
    97638
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    DROID X
    #10
    It's completely stock other than it being a rooted phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Vertical pictures rotating sideways in MMS and Facebook
    By Megsy222 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 12:50 AM
  2. Sideways pictures when uploading to Facebook?
    By altjx in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Search tags for this page

android lock screen sideways

,

android sideways lock screen

,

droid home screen sideways

,
droid sideways wallpaper
,

droid x screen stuck sideways

,
droid x2 sideways lock screen
,
how to lock sideways rotation android
,
how to turn my lock screen sideways android
,
how to turn your android phone's home screen sideways
,
turning your android home screen sideways
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+