DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like them sideways

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X

I like them sideways

Picked my DX up on July 15th around 8AM.
    I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to get one nationwide. lol
    So far I like the phone but it crashes from time to time especially the camcorder.
    I've used 6gigs of data since day 1 and tethering works nicely. (Yes, it's rooted)

So few minutes ago my DX decided to reboot itself and upon rebooting I intentionally did something and it ended up like this. lol
    I'm a noob so I'm not sure if it's supposed to do this....

I kind of like it, haha.

here are some pics.

Last edited by ccomengee86; 08-01-2010 at 11:30 AM.

3. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    thats just landscape mode. and the reason the second pic looks different at teh bottom is because that appears when you switch screens
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    yes I know that. I knew there was landscape mode but I couldnt get it to work. rotating the phone wouldn't do the trick.
  5. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    it is checked.
    The entire screen/app/browser is rotated 90 CW. That is my main menu. When it was "normal" it didnt change to landscape mode either. Even my lock screen is rotated like that.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    WTH? He is right though, the home screens won't rotate to landscape mode, will they? I am trying and my custom Michael Jordan wallpaper stays stuck in the normal view. I don't think that the homescreens or wallpapers are designed to switch to landscape...are they? Something must be screwed up.
    Last edited by smokecombs; 08-01-2010 at 12:30 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by smokecombs View Post
    WTH? He is right though, the home screens won't rotate to landscape mode, will they? I am trying and my custom Michael Jordan wallpaper stays stuck in the normal view. I don't think that the homescreens or wallpapers are designed to switch to landscape...are they? Something must be screwed up.
    The stock homescreen will not rotate into landscape. Using homescreen replacements like LauncherPro will allow this.

Switching your homescreen into landscape kills all Android widgets and you have to reload them when you go back into portrait. Also, widgets like Youtube will no longer work properly, and you will have to delete them, and then reapply them onto the screen (when back in portrait) to get full functionality out of them.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    The stock homescreen will not rotate into landscape. Using homescreen replacements like LauncherPro will allow this.

Switching your homescreen into landscape kills all Android widgets and you have to reload them when you go back into portrait. Also, widgets like Youtube will no longer work properly, and you will have to delete them, and then reapply them onto the screen (when back in portrait) to get full functionality out of them.
    Ah, okay, that clears this up then. So I guess the original thread starter here must have LauncherPro or something? I just knew mine wouldn't go to landscape. Glad you told me that though, very helpful. I think I'll stick with stock myself.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post

Ah, okay, that clears this up then. So I guess the original thread starter here must have LauncherPro or something? I just knew mine wouldn't go to landscape. Glad you told me that though, very helpful. I think I'll stick with stock myself.
    No it looks like they aren't using LauncherPro, and they are using stock. It must just be a bug. LauncherPro allows you to chose wether r not you want to use landscape or not. I personally use launcherpro because it is much more snappier than the stock Moto launcher.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    It's completely stock other than it being a rooted phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links