DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot hear the Droid X ring/alert-everyone needs to call Verizon & Motorola

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I had the same problem with my DX. My ringer was set to gradually increase. I turned that silly app off and the ringer and alarm work fine
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Droid X volume speaker problem persists, still no word from Verizon

The Droid X low volume speaker problem persists. Will Verizon ever do the right thing, and comment on the problem and/or acknowledge it while producing, or trying to produce, a fix (perhaps one that increases the volume potential of all Droid X units by coding the phone to send more power to the speakers when the volume is set to high)? The main way to get Verizon and Motorola to fix the problem is to call Verizon and Motorola to document the problem, to try their suggestions, and to report to them whether your low volume/bad speaker problem persists on your Droid X. I give detailed but simple instructions on how to do this in link (5) below, but also see the important info in link (4) below.

But first, begin by checking out this poll on the Droid X low volume/speaker problem:

Poll for Droid X users on whether they have the volume problem:
    1) Thursday Poll: Experiencing Volume Issues With Your DROID X? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

There are Android, Droid, and Verizon webpages/forums reporting this problem all over the internet (including several on this forum). Here are two of the main threads on the problem:

2) Droid X bad speaker volume
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/59913-droid-x-speaker-volume.html

3) Verizon community forum on the Droid X bad speaker volume
    Volume issue on new Droid X - Verizon Wireless Community

4) Here is one especially informative reply/post on the matter:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/61895-special-post-how-make-progress-alleged-low-volume-speaker-problem.html#post669676

5) Here are detailed but simple instructions about what people need to do in order to get Verizon and Motorola to fix ths problem (note that the first two links in the post below are not up to date and are superceded by the two links at (2) and (3) above:

Special Post on How to Make Progress with the Alleged Low Volume Speaker Problem
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/61894-special-post-how-make-progress-alleged-low-volume-speaker-problem.html
    Last edited by Droidxer10; 08-03-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: adjust font, clarify grammar/content, etc.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sh5345 View Post
    I agree that the Droid X is not loud enough. I have missed several calls when the phone is in my purse. I am also having trouble hearing and receiving calendar alerts. My Palm would continue to alert me of an appt at least 3 times. The Droid X only gives one alert, if at all, and if you happen to be away from your phone you miss it. Again, the volume level of the alert is not significant to get your attention.
    Why would you be away from your X. You are the problem LOL nah i agree the phone is not as loud as the droid. Most times it is not an issue but at some point it will come up i am sure.
    thanks
    Steve
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have to agree that the Droid X volume is definitely an issue. My ring tones are barely loud enough to hear when I'm a few feet away, let alone in another room. My alarm is useless as it is so low it doesnt wake me up in the morning. There are definitely issues and I can only hope something gets done to fix it as I love this new phone.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Thank you Truckerdout, turning off the gradually increase volume option worked. I couldn't hear the alarm before now it comes through nice and loud!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan0620 View Post
    Thank you Truckerdout, turning off the gradually increase volume option worked. I couldn't hear the alarm before now it comes through nice and loud!
    Changing the alarm settings fixed your ringer issue? Is that what you and TruckerdOut are saying?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I can only speak for myself, but that is what worked on my DX. I then turned the increase volume back on again to see what would happen and I almost couldn't hear the alarm. Turned it off again and the alarm is nice and loud.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan0620 View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but that is what worked on my DX.
    The phone ringer volume was affected by the alarm setting?
    Is this anytime the phone rang, or only if the phone rang while in dock mode or something?

Because there are a lot of people with low ringtone problems - and I don't think anyone would think to change an alarm setting. So I want to spread this info.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I'm only referring to the alarm. I haven't done anything with the phone ringing.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhh56 View Post
    Now contact Verizon and Motorola so we can keep our X's.
    Wasn't planning on giving mine up....
    It's a minor annoyance to me.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links